Casio MZ-X500 Keyboard Arranger Workstation, 61-Key
Check the delivery time for another location!
Evolutionary Sound QualityOver 1,100 high-quality Tones are provided, (over 900 on MX-Z300), covering a global variety of instruments. No matter what type of music you want to play, the MZ-X Series delivers.Acoustic guitars include fret noise, harmonics, string slides and body slaps. Basses have smooth glissando from note to note. Versatile Tones provide these and other nuances, delivering incredible realism.The Tones can be easily modified to suit your tastes, thanks to the realtime control knobs and sliders. You can also draw on a selection of 20 different effects to fit any occasion.
Virtual Tonewheel OrganThe MZ-X Series faithfully reproduces the timeless sound of a vintage tonewheel organ. The rotary speaker is also simulated in great detail, giving you the complete vocabulary of this revered instrument. The physical sliders give you precise drawbar control, and easy onscreen buttons provide you with essential adjustments.
Easy Production ToolsThe MZ-X Series contains a 16-track MIDI recorder with a full suite of mixing and editing features, plus powerful effect processors and USB audio recording. Select an ensemble, record a performance, then connect a mic, add some vocal effects, and record your performance as an upload-ready WAV file.
Authentic RhythmsThe MZ-X Series contain hundreds of flexible and great-sounding Rhythms, representing musical genres from around the world. Latin, Middle Eastern, European, Asian, and other global Rhythms are included, as well as a full spectrum of pop, jazz, rock, dance. These Rhythms have multiple intros, endings, and variations, and use advanced chord detection to deliver complete accompaniment ensembles that react smoothly to the way you play. They are ideal for solo performances, songwriting, or just enjoying a jam session with a band of professional musicians.
Pattern SequencerPatterns can be easily created and combined to form your own Rhythms, making the MZ-X Series completely expandable and customizable. If you have a vision for the perfect backing band, you can quickly generate all the performance elements you want, with extensive mixing and editing tools.
Color Touch InterfaceThe bold, bright 5.3-inch display puts you in the driver's seat, and makes it incredibly easy to explore and navigate the MZ-X Series. You're always just a few touches away from any essential function, and selecting Tones and Rhythms is easier than ever. Enjoy interactive visual tools like mixers, synthesizer functions, effect controls, and more. It can even be used as an X/Y controller for the built-in effects and filters, controlling two parameters with just one touch. Onscreen text is large and easy to read from any angle, no squinting required.The stylish "cockpit" design of the MZ-X Series is insightfully laid out, with the most important controls just where a player would need them. Along with the display, you'll find your hands naturally gravitating to the newly-designed knobs, sliders, pads, and other performance controls. Bright backlit buttons also keep you informed and in control, so you can focus on what's most important
- making music.
Pattern ConvertNot only can the MZ-X Series load and play standard MIDI files, they can import data from an SMF into custom Rhythms. This means that instead of simply playing back a song, you can perform it and make it your own.
Multi-PadsThe MZ-X500 has 16 backlit, velocity sensitive multi-function pads. Initially, you'll find they can add new, creative, and fun elements to your music. As you explore them further, you'll realize they can open up a new dimension to your performance and composition.
SamplingQuickly and easily record high-quality samples from any source via the line and mic inputs, and assign them to the pads. Create a drum kit with custom percussion sounds, record your vocal harmonies, or create a soundboard of clips to trigger during your performance.
PhraseThe pads can also trigger original musical phrases. You can easily create phrases yourself, or use the many included presets for many different instruments and genres.
ChordYou can also use the pads is to trigger chords, which can drive the MZ-X's accompaniment Rhythms. This can simplify a performance, freeing up your hands to play a two-handed melody, or use controllers.Each pad is individually and highly customizable. You can combine all of these (and other) functions into your own custom pad layout, triggering samples, phrases, and Tone articulations all from one set of 16 pads.
SpeakersThe MZ-X Series' bass-reflex speaker system puts out a staggering 40 watts of power, and sounds rich and clear at any level. A 4-band parametric equalizer is included to help you customize the MZ/X to suit any space, ensuring that you and your MZ-X will always sound your best.
Hex Layer and Synth (MZ-X500)Casio's Hex Layer technology combines up to six layers in a single Tone, with up to four Hex Layer tones playable at once. This allows for creation of incredibly rich sonic textures, and stunningly realistic acoustic instruments.The MZ-X500 series also features a Bass Synthesizer with an impressive collection of classic synth waveforms. Combined with the intuitive Color Touch Interface and powerful Hex Layers, you can explore the world of analog-style synthesis.
- Touch Response: 3 sensitivity levels, Off
- Sound Source: MXi (Multi-Expressive Integrated) Sound Source
- Polyphony (max): 128
- Number of Built-in Tones: 1,100
- User Tone: 650
- Drawbar Organ Function: 9 drawbars (16', 5 1/3', 8', 4', 2 2/3', 2', 1 3/5', 1 1/3', 1')
- Preset Virtual Tone Wheel Organ Tones: 75 (Included in 1,100 preset tones.)
- User Virtual Tone Wheel Organ Tones: 50
- Percussion: Second / Third
- On Click: On / Off
- Off Click: On / Off
- Rotary Effect: Fast / Slow (Uses DSP)
- Reverb: 20
- Chorus: 25
- Delay: 20
- DSP: Equalizer, Compressor, Limiter, Enhancer, Early Reflection, Phaser, Chorus, Flanger, Tremolo, Auto Pan, Rotary, Drive Rotary, LFO Wah, Auto Wah, Distortion, Pitch Shifter, Multi Chorus, Ring Modulator, Delay, Piano Effect
- Master Comp: Editable
- Master EQ: 4 Bands Parametric EQ
- Auto Harmonize: 12 types
- Arpeggiator: 100 types
- User Arpeggio: 100 types
- Layer: Lower 1 - 4, Upper 1 - 4 Assignable (Max 4 Tones)
- Number of Built-in Rhythms: 330
- One Touch Preset: 330
- Auto Accompaniment: CASIO chord, Fingered 1, Fingered 2 (6th off), Fingered 3 (on bass),
- Controllers: Start/Stop, Intro1 - 2, Variation1 - 4/Fill-in, Break, Fade In/Out, Ending1 - 2, Synchro Start, Synchro Stop, Accomp On/Off, Ritardando, Auto Fill-In, Tap Start
- Chord Type: 37 Types
- Pattern Sequencer: Real-time Recording, Event Edit (Delete, Copy, Insert, Quantize, Step Recording), Part Parameters, SMF Import
- User Rhythms: 100
- Number of Demonstration Songs: 6
- Number of Music Preset: 305 preset with chord progression, chord edit
- User Presets: 100
- MIDI Recorder: Real-time Recording, Track Edit, Event Edit ( Delete, Copy, Insert, Quantize, Step Recording ), Punch-In/Out, Over Dubbing, SMF Import
- User Songs: 100 songs, 17 tracks per song (1 system track + 16 multi tracks)
- Approximate Data Capacity: 50,000 notes (1 song)
- Recording Source: Keyboard play, keyboard play with Auto Accompaniment and with Music Preset, MIDI Recorder playback, sound input from EXT IN (LINE IN, MIC IN)
- Audio File Format: .wav (16bit, 44.1 kHz, Stereo)
- Recording Capacity: Up to 100 audio files (maximum recording time: approximately 90 minutes for a single audio file)
- Requirement: USB memory, up to 32GB
- Number of Pads: 16
- Phrase: 30
- Sampling: 30
- Chord: 20
- Multi: 20
- User: 100
- Sampling Time: Long: 9 seconds x 4, Short: 3 seconds x 32
- Mixer: 48 channels + EXT IN (LINE IN, MIC IN), 9-slider operation
- Registration: 8 sets x 12 banks (96 setups)
- Registration Sequence: 12
- Scale Tuning: Equal temperaments plus 16 other types, Scale Fine Tune - 99 cents
- Key Transpose: +/- 1 octave (-12 to +12 semitones)
- Tuning Control: 415.5 - 440.0 - 465.9Hz (0.1Hz units)
- Octave Shift: +/- 3 octaves
- Metronome: 0(Off), 1 - 9 beats
- Tempo Range: quarter note = 20 to 255 per minute
- Volume: Adjustable
- Display: 5.3-inch touch panel color LCD
- Pitch Bend Wheel: Pitch bend range: 0 to 24 semitones
- Knobs: 3 (Assignable x 2, Value x 1)
- Sliders: 9
- General MIDI: 16 channel multi-timbre received, GM Level 1 standard
- Internal User Memory (Tone, Rhythm, Song, Registration, etc): 256MB
- PEDAL 1: Mono standard jack
- PEDAL 2 / EXPRESSION: Stereo standard jack
- PHONES: Stereo standard jack, Front
- LINE OUT: L/MONO, R for each; Standard jack
- LINE IN: L/MONO, R for each; Standard jack
- MIC IN: Mono standard jack, MIC Volume
- Supported USB Memory: up to 32GB
- Functions: SMF Playback (up to 320KB per file), File Storage, File Recall, File Delete, Format, Audio Data Playback / Storage
- Save/Load: User Tone, User Rhythm, User MIDI Data, User Music Preset, User Registration Memory, User Pad Bank, User Sample, User Phrase, User Arpeggio
- Amplifiers: 20W + 20W
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 37.4 x 15.7 x 5.9"
- Weight: 16.8 lbs.
- Included Accessories: AC adaptor, music stand
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.