EarthQuaker Devices Pyramids Stereo Flanger Pedal
Check the delivery time for another location!
- Manual: Controls the delay time of the modulated signal. Turn it clockwise for a shorter delay time and a higher-pitched flange sound. Turn it counter clockwise for longer delay times and a lower-pitched flange sound. This parameter may be controlled by an expression pedal. When using an expression pedal, the Manual control is defeated. Pyramids' Manual control may also be modulated by a CV source delivering 0-3V.
- Rate: Controls the speed of the LFO. Turn it up for faster modulation or turn it down for slower modulation. The rate control has three ranges of operation: Slow, Medium and Fast. These modes are selected by the Rate & Tap toggle switch.
- Width: Controls the frequency range of the LFO sweep. You might also think of it as a depth control for the LFO.
- Feedback: Regeneration control for the modulated signal. There is a center-detent for zero feedback. Increasing this control from noon introduces positive feedback for a lush "whooshing" sound. Decreasing this control from noon produces negative feedback, which has a hollowed-out tubular sound.
- Modify: The behavior of this control depends upon which mode you're using.
- Classic: Tone control for the modulated signal. Clockwise from center is a high pass filter. That means it cuts the low end and allows the high frequencies to pass through. Counterclockwise from center is a low pass filter. That means it cuts the high end and allows bass frequencies to pass through.
- Through-Zero: Delay time for the unmodulated dry signal. This controls where in the LFO cycle the through-zero point occurs, which is where you'll hear the most drastic cancellation. In Through-Zero mode, clockwise Modify settings lower the frequency of the cancellation. Counterclockwise Modify settings produce higher frequency cancellation. This is probably backwards from what you'd expect, but let's roll with it.
- Barber Pole Up: Tone control for the modulated signal. Clockwise from center is a high pass filter. Counterclockwise from center is a low pass filter.
- Barber Pole Down: Tone control for the modulated signal. Clockwise from center is a high pass filter. Counterclockwise from center is a low pass filter.
- Trigger Up: Sensitivity control for the sweep. This controls how quickly the re-triggering reacts to your pick attack. Clockwise is higher sensitivity, counterclockwise is lower sensitivity.
- Trigger Down: Sensitivity control for the sweep. This controls how quickly the re-triggering reacts to your pick attack. Clockwise is higher sensitivity, counterclockwise is lower sensitivity.
- Step: Adjusts the glide between steps. Low Modify settings produce sharp, stair-stepped transitions between steps. Higher Modify settings introduce a smoother glissando effect.
- Random: Adjusts the glide between steps. Low Modify settings produce sharp, stair-stepped transitions between steps. Higher Modify settings introduce a smoother glissando effect.
- True-Stereo flanging device built upon the same groundbreaking proprietary DSP architecture as the massively popular Avalanche Run
- Five user-definable presets; a first for any EarthQuaker Devices pedal!
- Tap tempo
- Tap tempo subdivision via the Rate & Tap mini-toggle
- Multifunction Modify control
- Variable Mix control; a rarity on a flanger pedal
- True bypass
- All-analog dry signal path
- All-digital wet signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- Positive and Negative feedback
- Positive feedback creates a lush "whooshing" effect
- Negative feedback has a "hollowed-out," "tubular" sound
- Eight flanger modes
- Barber Pole Up
- Barber Pole Down
- Trigger Up
- Trigger Down
- Expression control over "Manual" control available in all modes
- Side Chain Flanging allows the effect to be triggered by an external control source in Trigger Up and Trigger Down modes
- Stereo inputs and outputs for flexible routing
- Mono in / Mono out
- Mono in / Stereo out
- Stereo in / Stereo out
- "Activate" footswitch features EarthQuaker Devices' exclusive Flexi-Switch technology
- For standard latching operation, tap the footswitch to activate the effect and tap again to bypass.
- For momentary operation, simply hold down the footswitch for as long as you'd like to use the effect. Release the footswitch to bypass.
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.