The Peavey Impulse 1012 is an ultra-high-performance, weather-resistant, two-way (full-range or bi-ampable) speaker system that will provide up to 133 dB SPL. This system provides high power handling capability while maintaining a smooth, yet clear response. The elegant and durable trapezoidal enclosure is made of high-impact polypropylene with a metal grille. This system is comprised of a 12 inch Black Widow woofer with a Kevlar impregnated cone (with a specially treated surround) and a RX 22 two-inch titanium compression driver coupled to a constant directivity horn with Sound Guard high frequency driver protection. Connections are made via two parallel 1/4-inch jacks for daisy-chaining and a switchable 4-pin Neutrik Speakon connector. This system will provide up to 133 dB SPL and can be used on the floor, speaker stand or be flown via top and bottom flying points.WARNING! The Impulse 1012 is very efficient and powerful! This sound system can permanently damage hearing! Use extreme care setting the overall maximum loudness!The apparent sound level of the Impulse 1012 can be deceiving due to its clear, clean sound output. The lack of distortion or obvious distress can make the sound level seem much lower than it actually is. This system is capable of SPL in excess of 129 dB at 1 M from the speaker!
- 2-way full-range sound reinforcement system
- Black Widow 12" 1208-8 SPS long-throw woofer
- RX 22N Neodymium compression driver
- Power Handling: 2000 watts peak, 1000 watts Program
- HF Driver protected by Sound Guard III
- Patented Quadratic Throat Waveguide technology, 110 by 80 degree coverage
- Rugged plastic injection-molded trapezoidal enclosure
- Cabinet has dual rear corner angled sides for floor monitor use.
- Full-coverage perforated steel grille, with powder coat finish
- Pole mount molded-in for 1 3/8" diameter poles
- M6 metric fly points for VM-70, top and left side of cabinet
- Weather-resistant for sheltered outdoor use.Note: Unpowered speaker, requires separate power amplifier.