Quilter Bass Block 800 Bass Amplifier Head (800 Watts)
Check the delivery time for another location!
Ultra-Light, Ultra-Strong: The Quilter Bass Block is so light you might forget you are carrying it to the gig! Using an ultralight aluminum chassis, internal fan-cooled heat sink, and ferreting out every ounce possible, the Bass Block manages to pack 800 watts into a sturdy and insanely lightweight 4-lb package.Real world power at any voltage: Using high power technology developed for world-class pro audio touring, the Bass Block 800 delivers effortless reserves of power to maintain tight control of the speaker without clipping or bottoming out. The universal-voltage power supply delivers smooth and powerful response regardless of "club voltage" surges. The amp works on any voltage, anywhere. Plug it in, turn it up, enjoy the effortless beauty of the tone!The most "musical" bass head ever? Pat Quilter's first amp was built in 1967 for his brother's bass player, and great bass tone remains a key passion. The modern bass is a full-range instrument, with much different dynamic requirements than electric guitar. Low frequencies require more horsepower to move air, and the instrument demands percussive response without bottoming out or obtrusive limiting. The Bass Block provides 800 "real watts" to build on, and the preamp is optimized to make the best use of that power, providing more effective headroom with less stress on the speakers. Unique bass-specific EQ controls allow the bassist to quickly dial in a wide range of tones to match any instrument, and a special 2-stage limiter prevents bottoming out without suppressing dynamic response and feel. A Master control allows the peak power point to be adjusted to safely power any size of speaker, from giant stacks down to compact studio units. A prolonged field testing program has confirmed that every component in the Bass Block 800 is focused on creating the ultimate musical instrument for bass players. You will feel it every moment of every gig. Effortless, powerful, and exacting tone at your fingertips. The ultimate tool in your arsenal.
- 225 watts-16 Ohms, 450 watts-8 ohms, 800-watts, 4 ohms (2 Ohm use possible, but may experience clipping at high volume.)
AC Power Req.:
- 100-240Vac, 50-60 Hz, 250 W typical, 1000W peak.
- PASSIVE INPUT: 1/4" mono (full gain), 2 meg
- ACTIVE INPUT: 1/4" mono (-10dB gain), 30K
- LINE INPUT: XLR 10K balanced, 1V full scale.
- LINE OUTPUT: XLR, quasi-balanced, 400 ohms, 1V full scale
- GAIN CONTROL MUTE BUTTON (with red warning LED)
- DEPTH CONTROL (100Hz Hi-Q bass control)
- CONTOUR CONTROL (Low-mid scoop, flat, treble cut)
- MASTER CONTROL (adjusts peak power from 0 to 800W)
- PILOT LIGHT ("winks" if the amplifier is driven into thermal limiting)
- 4-8 ohms, 90V, 25A peak
- Dual 1/4" jacks, 8 ohms each
- Speakon (2 wire) 4-8 ohms.
- 3.5mm mini-jack, 20 ohms per side, 2V peak.
- H x W x D 8.5"(218mm) x 7.5" (190mm) x 3" (76mm)
- 3.7 lbs (2kg)
- UL recognized, tested to conform to FCC/CE limits for Class B devices.
When will I receive my shipment?
Do you ship to my location?
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
What about customs fees?
Which items ship immediately?
What is a valid order?
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.