Rupert Neve Designs 5059 Satellite 16x2 Summing Mixer
Check the delivery time for another location!
The Signature of ExcellenceThe most important element of the 5059 is its legendary sound. The keys to the sonic prowess of the 5059 are the custom transformers and true class-A topologies found within. The class-A topologies in the 5059 have been fine-tuned over a number of years to provide exceptional sonic performance and completely eliminate cross-over distortion. When combined with Mr. Rupert Neve's transformer design and implementation, the 5059 achieves a remarkable purity, while also conveying the signature warmth and larger-than-life sound reminiscent of Rupert's classic designs.
Making ConnectionsOne drawback to mixing "in the box" is the inability to use high quality analogue outboard equipment. Channel inserts are provided in the 5059 to streamline interconnections with analogue outboard equipment and to allow for further expansions of the 5059's capabilities. By connecting a second 5059 to the insert outputs of a 5059, the dual stereo outputs can be used as a way to add 4 auxes to each of the 16 channels.
From Clean to Colored and Everywhere in BetweenEvery mix demands its own treatment; continuously variable Texture controls with Silk and Silk+ modes allow the engineer to fine tune the harmonic ratio and tonality of each stereo send of the 5059, or leave each mix pristine. The Silk mode accentuates the transformer saturation in the high frequencies to add a "sparkle" to tracks. The Silk + mode accentuates the saturation of the low frequencies to add thickness and density to any source
- especially useful for dry, somewhat anemic mixes. Unlike EQ, the texture control saturates the output transformers, and adds musical harmonics to the source material according to the amount of texture applied.
Stem It or Sum ItAside from providing aux functionality with a second 5059 module, the dual stereo outputs of the 5059 are generally used for creating stem mixes. These stem mixes can be enhanced using the Silk / Texture controls on the 5059, then processed by buss compressors or other devices, and fed into inputs of another mixer or an ADC.With 16 channels of Rupert Neve designed class-A magic and numerous tonal and routing options, the 5059 Satellite mixer will elevate your DAW-based studio's sound and performance to higher heights.
Features:- Texture: Continuously variable control for Silk and Silk+ modes allows the engineer to fine tune the harmonic ratio and tonality of both stereo outputs.
- Class-A Topologies: With zero crossover distortion and unmatched purity, the 5059 sets the standard for rack-mountable summing mixers
- Custom Transformers: Beyond providing galvanic isolation, the custom transformers in the 5059 are a key ingredient to its larger than life sound.
- Dual Stereo Outputs: Split the input channels into two stems for further processing and mixing.
- Channel Level: Individual level controls are provided for each channel from -()() to +10dB.
- Channel Pan: Individual pan controls are provided on each channel of the 5059 with a 3dB pan law.
- Master Output Level: Level controls are provided for each of the stereo outputs -()() to 0dB.
- 100K Load,
- +/- 0.1dB from 20Hz to 20kHz
- -3dB @ 3.5Hz / 185kHz
- Buss Outputs: -106dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ -()(): -104dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ Unity: 103dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ +10dB -100dBV
- Un-weighted, 22Hz - 22kHz
- Single Channel assigned @ -()(): -101dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ Unity: -100dBV
- Single Channel assigned @ +10dB -97dBV
Signal to Noise:
- +20dBu output un-weighted, 22 - 22kHz: 116dB
- +20dBu output, IEC A weighted: 119dB
- +4dBu output unweighted, 22 - 22kHz: 100dB
- +4dBu output, IEC A weighted: 103dB
- Summing Busses to XLR outputs, Maximum Output Level, 20Hz to 40kHz: +26dBu
- Single Channel to Buss, Maximum Output Level, 20Hz to 40kHz: +24.5dBu
- Total Harmonic Distortion and Noise:
- 1kHz @+20dBu output: better than 0.003%
- 20Hz @+20dBu output: better than 0.005%
- Total Harmonic Distortion, Silk Engaged:
- Blue Silk - 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control 12 o'clock: 0.2% typical
- Blue Silk - 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control fully CW: 0.65% typical Red Silk - 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control 12 o'clock: 0.1% typical
- Red Silk - 100Hz @+20dBu output, texture control fully CW: 0.35% typical
- Slew Rate: 4V/uS
- Buss1 to Buss2
- 1kHz: Better than -90dB
- 10kHz: Better than -70dB
- AC Mains, 100VAC to 240VAC, 50/60Hz: 45 Watts
- Fuses - not user accessible, internal on power supplies
- Size: 3.5"H (2U), 19"W, 8"D
- Weigh: 23lbs
- Shipping size: 22" x 17" x 8"
- Shipping Weight: 25lbs
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.