Tascam DA-3000 High-Definition Solid-State Master Recorder
Check the delivery time for another location!
Variety of Inputs and Outputs to Handle Diverse Recording SituationsThe variety of inputs and outputs enable connection with all types of studio equipment, including audio interfaces and mic preamps. The analog inputs and outputs include both XLR and RCA jacks. The digital connections include S/PDIF RCA coaxial and XLR jacks to support AES/EBU. The BNC SDIF-3 inputs and outputs support DSD digital connections.
Upgraded User InterfaceWith the goal of making a high-quality audio recorder and ADDA converter easy to use, Tascam designed the front panel with all of the necessary external controls and included long, brightly lit meters and display. The 128x64 OEL display allows you to check necessary information quickly, and the 24-dot level meters allows you to confidently monitor levels at all times.
Simultaneous Multitrack Recording and Playback with Multiple Cascaded UnitsYou can synchronize the operation of multiple DA-3000 units by interconnecting their digital inputs and outputs. Files that have been recorded in sync will have sample-level synchronization as well. In addition to stereo DSD recording of Jazz and classical music, this also makes simple DSD multitrack recording of bands possible.
Dual Mono Circuits Eliminate Interference Between Left and Right ChannelsUse of a dual mono structure for the output circuit eliminates interference between the left and right channels and achieves high audio quality by maximizing the performance of the components. Two high-quality mono circuits are built into the unit. The left/right channels each use one highly-acclaimed Burr-Brown PCM1795 D/A converter chip. The TASCAM DA-45HR, which is still used in many studios, uses a dual mono structure with NE5532 op amps and Burr-Brown D/A converters. By using an equivalent output circuit structure including DA converters of even higher quality that support DSD, the DA-3000 provides a portable high-quality monitoring system.
Your Portable High-Quality Monitoring SystemBy installing the Tascam DA-3000 High Definition Solid State Master Recorder in a portable rack, you can set up reliable monitoring in any studio. You can connect it to a studio DAW system and a high-precision clock generator. At home studios, you can achieve same high-level monitoring quality to increase your work efficiency by using digital connections just like you would with a small audio interface.
AD Converter for MasteringThis unit can also be used as a high-quality AD converter at the end of an analog mastering chain. The fully-balanced, low noised circuitry and the high-quality AD circuitry convert the carefully adjusted audio using EQs and compressors into digital signals without sound degradation.
Simultaneous Master File RecordingUsing High Sampling Frequency PCM/DSD Recording At the same time that you record a PCM master file (16-bit/44.1kHz) in software using a DAW system, you can also make a high sampling frequency PCM/DSD recording by connecting the DA-3000 directly to an analog mixer. By capturing two types of digital master recordings, you will be ready for future post-recording needs.
DSD Multitrack RecorderUtilizing the DA-3000's clock precision, DSD multitrack recording is possible using multiple units. Since the DA-3000 can record two mono files instead of a stereo file, 8 units could be used together for 16-tracks of recording. Connecting the COAXIAL jacks is the only necessary connection between the units.
DA Converter for a PA/SR Digital ConsoleIn recent years, digital consoles are being used increasingly in PA and sound reinforcement roles. By connecting the digital outputs of such a console to this unit you can upgrade the hall sound to an even higher quality. Since the DA-3000 has an OEL display and level meters with high visibility, you can check the signal status in the dark even from a distance.
Features:- Stereo recording to SDHC card or CF card
- SD card slot (supports 4 to 32GB SDHC cards)
- CF card slot (supports UDMA)
- WAV file playback
- Cascade function enables simultaneous operation of multiple units
- Recording 2 mono files from stereo input possible
- Synchronized recording using level, stop time and recording start delay time setting
- Input level can be adjusted in 0.5dB step
- Folder playback function can be used to play all files in a folder
- Playlist function allows files to be programmed in advance for playback
- Divide and delete functions can be used to manage files that are already recorded
- Word clock master can be set to Internal, Word input or Digital inputs
- Oscillator function (440Hz, 1kHz, 10kHz)
- Input monitoring function allows input signals to be output without recording
- Dual mono circuits eliminate interference between left and right channels
- Fully-balanced circuits realize low noise
- 128x64 OEL display with a wide viewing angle
- 24-dot stereo LED level meters with adjustable brightness make checking levels easy
- Backup memory stores settings even when the power is off
- Fanless design eliminates unwanted noise
- Operation possible using included RC-10 wireless remote control
- Standard 1/4" headphones jack provides 45mW/ch output
- USB port for USB keyboard (supports USB 1.1)
- USB port for USB flash drive (supports USB 2.0)
- XLR digital input/output (supports AES3-2003 and IEC60958-4:AES/EBU formats)
- RCA Coaxial digital input/output (supports IEC60958-3:S/P DIF format)
- BNC digital input/output for DSD (supports SDIF-3 and DSD-raw formats)
- RCA analog unbalanced input/output
- XLR analog balanced input/output
- SD: Supports 4GB to 32GB SDHC cards (Media ejection method: push-push)
- CF: Supports 1GB to 64GB Type I CF cards
- USB: (Playback and copying only) Supports 2GB to 64GB USB flash drives
- Recording and playback formats:
- PCM: BWF(rec/play) / WAV(playback only), 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz, 16/24bit
- DSD: DSDIFF / DSF,2.8224/5.6448MHz
- Number of channels: 2 mono(or 1 stereo)
- ANALOG INPUTS:
- Connecter: RCA pin jacks
- Standard input level: -10dBV
- Maximum input level: +6dBV
- Minimum input level: -22dBV
- Input impedance: 22k ohms or greater
- Connecter: XLR-3-31(1:GND,2:HOT,3:COLD)
- Standard input level: +4dBu
- Maximum input level: +15dBu,+18dBu,+20dBu,+22dBu,+24dBu(switchable in menu)
- Minimum input level: -8dBu
- Input impedance: 10k ohms or greater
- ANALOG OUTPUTS:
- Connecter: RCA pin jacks
- Standard output level: -10dBV
- Maximum output level: +6dBV
- Output impedance: 200 ohms or less
- Connecter: XLR-3-31(1:GND,2:HOT,3:COLD)
- Standard output level: +4dBu
- Maximum output level: +15dBu,+18dBu,+20dBu,+22dBu,+24dBu(switchable in menu)
- Output impedance: 100 ohms or less
- Connecter: 4-pin USB A-type
- Protocol: USB 2.0 HIGH SPEED(480Mbps)
- Power rating: DC 5.0V 0.5A
- Connecter: 4-pin USB A-type
- Protocol: USB 1.1 FULL SPEED(12Mbps)
- Power rating: DC 5.0V 0.2A
- Infrared receiver: TASCAM RC-10 wireless remote controller
- Power consumption: 24W
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 483 x 45 x 305mm
- Weight: 4.2kg
- Operating temperature range: 0 - +40*C
- Standard accessories: 3P power cord, Wireless remote controller (TASCAM RC-10), coin battery for testing remote control (preinstalled), screw kit for rack-mounting, warranty card, Owner's manual
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.