The Zoom Q8 marries high-definition video with high-resolution audio, making it the perfect camera for music and video creators everywhere. Its 160 degree wide-angle lens and digital zoom ensure that you'll always capture the complete picture. Combine that with ZOOM's groundbreaking interchangeable mic capsule system and two XLR/TRS combo inputs for a world of options.Full range, crystal clarity.
The Q8 delivers that same great Zoom sound quality you'll find in all of our products, with support for high-resolution 24-bit/96 kHz audio. It comes with a high-quality detachable X/Y microphone or you can connect different Zoom mic capsules.
A low-cut filter and foam windscreen allow you to eliminate low-frequency noise and rumble, and there are three Auto Gain settings, as well as a built-in compressor and limiter. Audio can be recorded along with video, or the Q8 can be used as a standalone stereo or four-channel audio-only recorder.Go beyond High Definition.
The Q8 goes beyond standard HD, offering 3M HD (2304 x 1296 pixels @ 30fps /24mbps) as well as two kinds of HD (24mbps and 16mbps for increased storage capability) at frame rates of up to 60 fps at 720p for capturing fast action video.
Its F2.0 aperture / 160* wide-angle lens ensures that you'll capture every moment with full realism and sharp definition. Three "Scene" presets allow you to use the Q8 in a variety of different lighting conditions. And support for both standard and HD video file formats assures that you'll have plenty of options when it comes to storage and streaming.Change your point of view.
Need a different POV? The Q8's got you covered. Not only can it be attached to any standard tripod, it comes with a tripod-to-three-prong converter, so you can use it with every kind of action camera mount, too.
Take your Q8 onstage and mount it to your mic stand, amp, or drum kit. Shoot video from front row center and use the supplied stereo X/Y microphone to capture the audience experience. Or use the Q8 at the mixing position and record the feed from the board, as well as the sound of the room. Use multiple Q8s for a dramatic mix of different angles -- the full-color touchscreen LCD is fully rotatable so you can always view your image regardless of camera positioning.Connectivity, power to spare, and selectable file formats.
A built-in USB port enables live streaming and allows the Q8 to be used as a webcam or USB microphone. It also allows connection with other equipment and computer software -- even an iPad* -- for post-production capability.
The supplied lithium-ion battery that powers the Q8 can be recharged easily in the studio or in the field, using either an optional AC adapter or via USB. Battery life is more than two hours when shooting at 720p/30fps. In audio recording-only mode, battery life is extended further still.
The Q8 records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB. Video is stored in MOV file format, with various HD settings for maximum video quality, or you can shoot in standard definition (SVGA) when space or streaming bandwidth is at a premium. Recorded audio can be integrated directly into the MOV file, or audio can be saved separately from the video data.Features
- Records directly to SD, SDHC, and SDXC cards, up to 128GB (card not included)
- High-quality 160* wide-angle lens with selectable viewing angles (F2.0/16.6mm)
- Uses a system of interchangeable microphone capsules that can be swapped out as easily as the lens of a camera
- Supplied detachable stereo X/Y microphone (XYQ-8)
- Compatible with most Zoom microphone capsules (sold separately); not compatible with EXH-6 TRS/XLR Combo Input Capsule
- Full-color rotating LCD touchscreen
- Support for five HD video modes, up to 2304 x 1296 pixels (3M HD), as well as two WVGA modes
- Frame rates of up to 60fps for capturing fast action video and slow motion playback
- Three imaging sense options (AUTO/CONCERT/NIGHT) for use in all lighting environments
- 4x digital zoom
- Records video in MOV format (with or without audio)
- Records audio in AAC and WAV formats, up to 24-bit/96k
- Up to four tracks of simultaneous audio recording
- Two mic/line inputs with XLR/TRS combo connectors, each with selectable phantom power and -20dB pad
- Analog-style gain controls for each input
- Built-in audio mixer
- Stereo link function
- Auto-Gain control, plus built-in compressor and limiter
- Supplied foam windscreen and low-cut filter for the elimination of low-frequency noise and rumble
- Dedicated Headphone output/Line out
- Built-in speaker for fast monitoring
- HDMI video output for connection to HDTVs, selectable between NTSC and PAL
- USB interface for live streaming and data transfer to and from computer editing software
- Webcam and USB mic function for use with external devices such as computers and iPads
- Direct monitoring for zero latency during use as a USB mic
- Compatible with USTREAM Producer, Flash Live Media Encoder, Skype, and other popular streaming applications
- SD card reader function
- Rechargeable Li-ion battery (chargeable via USB or optional Zoom AD-17 AC adapter)
- Battery life of more than 2 hours
- Built-in standard tripod mount
- Includes tripod-to-three-prong converter for compatibility with all action camera mounts
Brand-new products are shipped from the vendor's factory to our warehouses, then from the warehouse to you – there's no detour through a retail store where the boxes are opened, and the products put on display and sold as leftovers. When you shop online, make sure you're comparing new, factory-fresh gear from authorized US dealers like zZounds.
Clearance Gear: Special Opportunities to Save Big!
When It's Not New, We Tell You
We occasionally have opportunities to buy B-stock merchandise from manufacturers. And sometimes, we get customer returns in less than perfect condition. We offer these products to you at special discounts – and we always identify it clearly using the classifications below. So unless it says otherwise, your product is new from the factory.
Warehouse Resealed gear is typically a customer return. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty*. However, the packaging may be slightly compromised and thus not in absolutely perfect, unused condition like our new inventory. This inventory is a great value.
This is typically a customer return with minor cosmetic imperfections, such as superficial scratches or scuffs on the finish. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty*. It has been tested to manufacturer's specifications and is guaranteed to work perfectly. It may be less attractive than Warehouse Resealed inventory, but it's priced even lower! This inventory is a great value.
Scratch and Dent
This is typically a customer return that shows general wear and tear, along with dents and scratches. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty*. It has been tested to manufacturer's specifications and is guaranteed to work perfectly, but will show signs of use. It may be less attractive than Blemished inventory, but it's priced even lower! This inventory is a great value.
Factory Resealed gear is typically a purchase directly from the vendor, who may have used the product at a training session or at a trade show. It may also be a factory-refurbished product. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty*. However, the packaging may be slightly compromised and thus not in absolutely perfect, unused condition like our new inventory. This inventory is a great value.
B-Stock gear is typically a purchase directly from the vendor, who may have used the product at a training session or at a trade show, or it may be a refurbished product. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty*. It has been tested to manufacturer's specifications and it is guaranteed to work perfectly, but it may have a cosmetic blemish. It may be less attractive than Warehouse or Factory Resealed inventory, but it's priced even lower! This inventory is a great value.
* Warranty coverage for non-new gear varies by manufacturer. Contact Us to see if this item includes a warranty.
We guarantee your complete satisfaction for 30 days after your order is delivered.
We allow you to return almost any product for any reason. When returning a product, you can request an identical replacement item, exchange the product for another product, or request a refund. When procedures are followed, there are no restocking fees. For Canadian and U.S. territories customers, please note that if you request an exchange, we require the original item to be received and processed in our warehouse before shipping a replacement.