There's nothing quite like the sounds of a cranked-up blackface or tweed-era guitar amplifier. But getting those tones at the reduced volume levels modern players often encounter has been increasingly difficult. Until Tone King created the Gremlin 1x12" 5-watt all-tube combo, that is.Whether you're picking at home or keeping up with a drummer, the Gremlin dishes out enough vintage-vibe to inspire. The amp's two inputs and simple control layout make finding your tone an intuitive process. Plug into the Rhythm channel for a more blackface style tone with bell-like highs and increased headroom. Or maybe the Lead input's tweed-style drive is more your flavor. Thanks to the Ironman II power attenuator on the back, you're able to enjoy all of the juicy goodness of maxed power tubes at a level that won't wake the neighbors. If you're drawn to the American side of cranked vintage amps, your tone is in the Gremlin.
Vintage U.S. Amp Tones: It's brilliant, the variety of tones you'll get from this unassuming combo tube amp. Whether you prefer cleaner tones as a pedal platform, or live for pushing your amp into sweet-sounding overdrive, the Gremlin's got it. Plug in an optional A/B/Y footswitch, and it's all yours on-demand.
On-board Ironman II Power Attenuator: Even at 5 watts, the Gremlin is plenty powerful to keep up with most drummers. But Tone King put their Ironman reactive load power attenuator right on-board to get that same sweet amp drive at bedroom levels. Experience the screaming tube tone we all crave, at a volume everyone will agree on.\t
Deceptively Massive Tone: Tone King went through great lengths to design a cabinet and custom Celestion 12" 870 speaker that deliver the wide dynamic range of a larger tube amp, while always retaining the Gremlin's vintage character. All in a size that will easily fit in your car, bedroom, or even a cramped performance stage.\t
- Rhythm and Lead channels are voiced for blackface and tweed tones
- Rhythm offers more headroom, while Lead is a more driven voice
- Select your input or jump the channels with an optional A/B/Y footswitch
- On-board Ironman II power attenuator
- Reactive load reacts and feels just like your amp at any volume
- Get the same tone whether performing live or playing quietly
- Custom-voiced Celestion 870 12" speaker
- Compact cabinet engineered for clear highs and a big low end
- Convenient size is perfect gigging guitarists
- Baltic Birch USA construction
- Tubes: 1 x KT66 and 2 x 12AX7