The Friedman Runt-20 1x12" 20-watt combo delivers Friedman's legendary tone and versatility in a compact 2-channel amp. The Runts power section is driven by two EL-84s, with three 12AX7s in the preamp. The simple clean channel features a volume knob and 3-position bright switch that delivers anything from pristine cleans to a slightly broken-up blues/country tone.The heart and soul of the Runt is the overdrive channel, which gives that legendary Friedman overdrive that ranges from vintage rock crunch to modern high gain tones.. Use the Boost switch and Gain knob to dial in the perfect amount of overdrive. A global presence control shapes the high-frequency response of the Runts power section.The Runt delivers the tight bottom end and midrange that is typically only found in much higher-wattage amps by utilizing custom transformers and the cleanest signal path possible. The Runt-20 is ideal for many styles of music from blues to classic rock and heavy metal by merely adjusting the gain and master controls.When plugging into the Runt, you will instantly notice the harmonically rich detailed chords and resonating single note lines. This amp cleans up exceptionally well with the guitar's volume knob, even with the amp on higher gain settings. This is the first amp Dave Friedman has ever made with an internal load and cab-simulated XLR output. Comparing this analog circuit to some of the most intricate computer-based IRs, Dave achieved a direct output you can proudly send to front of house or use in the studio. The Runt also allows you to play "silently," meaning you can safely play the amp WITHOUT having a speaker cabinet connected. The XLR output includes a ground-lift, level, and center/edge of speaker cone simulation switches.At the heart of the Runt combo is a 16-ohm, 12" Celestion G12M 65 Creamback speaker that delivers the bass, mid response, and signature sound you would expect from a Friedman amp. The Runt was also specifically designed to take pedals well, and it loves boosts, ODs, phasers, flangers, tremolos, and wahs. The ultra-transparent no tone loss buffered, series effects loop takes time-based effects pedals and rack units equally well. This is the exact same FX loop Friedman uses on all its amplifiers including the legendary BE-100. The head cabinet features beautiful black Tolex, with Baltic Birch construction, and is built to withstand the rigors of the road.
- Friedman History:Dave Friedman is the man behind the signature tones of rock icons Eddie Van Halen, Steve Stevens, and Jerry Cantrell. Dave Friedman has been building, modding, and repairing amplifiers for many of the world's biggest stars for the past 25 years. Friedman's innovative designs and meticulous construction have made him legendary in the world of professional touring musicians while earning him a loyal clientele from all over the world. Two of Friedman's mainstays have been modifying amps to each player's specific tonal palette and consulting with other established amplifier companies to improve their own designs. Dave Friedman's extensive knowledge and pursuit of tonal superiority inspired him to develop his own series of production amplifiers under the name Friedman Amplification. In the past, having Friedman build or modify your amp required a certain level of notoriety, but now his sonic wizardry is available to everyday players.
- Friedman runt-20 1x12" combo at a glance:
- From clean to the Friedman overdriven lead tone
- XLR Cabinet Simulated Output
- Play silently
- do not need to connect a cab
- Ultra-transparent, buffered, series effects loop
- Model: Friedman Runt-20 Combo
- Type: All Tube
- Assembled in USA
- Channels: 2 Channels
- Total Power: 20 Watts. Silent play feature allows playing to front of house with no cab connected.
- Speaker: 1x12" Celestion 16-ohm G12M Creamback
- EQ: Clean Channel
- Volume and 3-position bright switch.