From the preamps, EQ and effects to the Hybrid Channel functions and iPod/iPhone connectivity -
- every aspect, every feature, every sound, establishes the 24-channel Yamaha MGP24X mixer as a premium mixing console in a class of its own.
Features:- 16 Mic Inputs with 48V Phantom Power and HPF per Channel
- 24 Line Inputs (16 mono and 4 stereo)
- 6 AUX Sends + 2 FX Sends
- 4 GROUP Buses + ST Bus
- 2 Matrix out
- 1 Mono out
Yamaha MGP Series Mixers: Analog Meets DigitalWhen it comes to audio engineering and sound reinforcement, the verdict is in: nothing beats the warmth and musicality of analog sound. By incorporating state-of-the-art digital technologies into the development process of Yamaha's premium professional analog equipment, the MGP is the next step in the evolution of compact professional mixers. The MGP series is the realization of a different approach towards the utilization of digital technologies in a mixer, offering simple, analog-style control of sophisticated DSP functions. One of the most compelling features of analog gear is the direct, hands-on, intuitive operation that unites the operator with the console. The MGP sought to keep this feel consistent throughout the design to offer a wealth of functionality, yet with a simple, familiar touch.
Digital Control: The Stereo Hybrid Channel40 years of experience working with professional mixers has led Yamaha to offer a unique way of approaching sound reinforcement in the digital age: the Stereo Hybrid Channel. Beneath the analog-style knobs and encoders of MGP Series mixing consoles lies a sophisticated digital control system -
- a fusion that combines traditional analog feel with the functionality that only digital technology can offer. The MGP Series utilizes a powerful, proprietary DSP to provide three essential features that are staples of both installed and live sound applications. In keeping with the theme of analog simplicity found throughout the MGP Series design, each of these functions is readily accessible and available at the touch of a button. Featuring a mid-sweep, three-band EQ for nuanced sound control and high-performance onboard A/D and D/A converters, the Stereo Hybrid Channel offers unique functionality with superior sound.
Priority Ducker An invaluable feature for applications that require both public-speaking and background music, Priority Ducker allows a microphone to take priority over another sound source automatically, just by speaking into the mic. Stop talking and the other sound source is brought back to its original level, therefore no console operator is required for this simple yet valuable function. You can even adjust the ducker attenuation of sound source depending on your preferences.
Leveler This intelligent compressor "auto levels" different tracks from a sound source that vary in volume, providing a more pleasurable listening experience. Ideal for small events with un-manned operation of your console, Yamaha's proprietary DSP algorithm allows for extended play time without the worry of fluctuating volume levels distracting your listeners.
The Stereo ImageThe Stereo Image function seamlessly narrows the pan balance of the stereo sound source so that audiences spread over a wide area can enjoy a comfortably blended mix. This is particularly helpful for installed sound applications that require background music. Using either of the two optimized settings, "MONO and BLEND," Stereo Image ensures that everyone is in the "sweet spot" by providing a more optimally mixed sound to the entire space.
Dual Digital EffectsMGP Series mixing consoles offer two separate studio-grade effects processors for ultimate enhancement of your sound, with simple intuitive control. Yamaha's high-end REV-X reverb offers three very musical and natural high-resolution reverb effects: Hall, Room and Plate -
- a first for any Yamaha analog mixer. For more sound-shaping possibilities, Yamaha's renowned SPX digital multi-effect processor provides a useful selection of 16 advanced digital effects with editable parameters. Both processors can be used simultaneously, giving you a vast array of tools to color your sound.
D-PREThe preamp is where sound creation begins, and ultimately determines the character and quality of your overall mix. The importance of this critical first step inspired us to develop the most fat and warm sounding preamps possible -
- the refined D-PRE mic preamps. Initially intended for use with Yamaha's high-end recording gear, these studio-grade, discrete Class-A mic preamps employ an inverted Darlington circuit design that features multiple circuitry elements in a multi-layered configuration in order to deliver more power with lower impedance. This means all the character, depth and feel of your original signal will be delivered with fat, natural sounding bass and smooth, soaring highs. Rediscover a favorite mic or trusted instrument by capturing the full range of your musical expression with sound that you don't hear, so much as feel. With 48V phantom power for each channel and a sound that is incomparable in a compact mixer today, these studio-grade discrete Class-A mic preamps set the MGP apart, clearly defining a class all its own.
X-pressive EQEveryone knows vintage EQ sounds great -
- but not everyone knows why. Throughout the development of the innovative VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) effects used in our high-end professional digital mixers, we became increasingly focused on reproducing the warmth and musicality of classic vintage EQs. It was through our precise modeling of the original circuitry of some of the most sought-after EQ modules from the past that we discovered a characteristic "X-shape" of the frequency curves that was unique to these units -
- and would ultimately prove essential to unlocking real vintage authenticity. More than just a means of tweaking your mix, the precise response and very steep shelving of the high and low frequencies make the X-pressive EQ a powerful sound-shaping tool that essentially redefines the role that EQ plays in sound reinforcement. Never before has an audio engineer's contribution to the overall sound been so significant, with X-pressive EQ providing complete control of every aspect of your sonic palette.
1-Knob CompressorsOriginally a Yamaha innovation, 1-knob compression is now a popular feature on an increasing number of compact mixing consoles with good reason. These intelligent compressors add optimally set compression to a wide variety of input sources with the touch of a single control, minus the hassle of setting up and configuring complex outboard gear. The MGP features Yamaha's upgraded 1-knob compressors that feature LED indicators allowing you to visually monitor when the compression kicks in on each channel.
Internal Universal Power SupplyYou can plug in with confidence in any region with 100V-240V power thanks to Yamaha's highly-efficient internal universal power supply. With its multi-voltage design, the MGP ensures worry-free operation in potentially damaging environments with fluctuating power levels. An Internal power supply also simplifies rack mounting of the console at installed applications, with no use for a bulky adapter or additional connections.
Digital Connectivity for Your iPod/iPhoneIn response to the growing demand for compatibility with iPod/iPhone, iPod/iPhone integration with the MGP offers much more than simple playback. With a single connection your Apple device is transformed into a flexible controller, giving you more detailed control of your MGP console.
MGP EditorMGP Editor is a free software application that gives you additional control of your console's DSP settings via your iPod/iPhone. With a simple and intuitive graphic display, MGP Editor gives you additional, detailed control of your REV-X and SPX effects parameters-as well as Hybrid Channel's Priority Ducker, Leveler and iPod/iPhone's playback settings. With MGP32X and 24X, setting of GEQ and Master comp can be adjusted. Direct playback of iTunes playlists are also possible.
High-Quality Digital PlaybackThe MGP Series mixers feature a built-in USB port to connect and charge your iPod or iPhone for seamless playback with a single connection. A direct digital connection offers a much higher level of quality with more detail and clarity than typical analog inputs can provide.It's easy to archive every performance when recording is this easy. The record function allows direct recording to a conventional USB storage device. Choose from Stereo Out or Matrix Out 1 and 2 as the source, and select WAV or MP3 as file formats. Playback of audio files is also supported with the USB device. You can easily route this to a hybrid channel or to monitor out.