Audient ASP800 Microphone Preamplifier, 8-Channel
Check the delivery time for another location!
Upgrade your sound. The professional sound you deserve.Whether you're recording drums or simply need more channels, ASP800 is the perfect tool for expanding your existing interface via ADAT. Its flexible and intuitive feature set will transform your current setup into the complete recording rig, perfectly at home recording both acoustic and electronic instruments.
World Class Mic Pres. The professional sound you deserve.Audient is the only company that uses the same Class-A mic pre design throughout their entire product range, whether you're in the studio with an Audient ASP8024 console or on the road with ASP800, you're always guaranteed the same world class Audient sound. Developed by design legend David Dearden and optimized over 18 years, thei rmic pre is used by thousands of professional studios around the world. With its versatile nature and smooth tone, the ASP800 will quickly become your 'go to' mic pre.
The Retro Channels. Take Control of your audio.Audient is known for super clean mic pres but that doesn't mean they don't understand the importance of adding color. Whether you need to add growl to a bass guitar or make those vocals sparkle, ASP800's revolutionary harmonic generation circuitry has got you covered.
Color Your Sound with HMX and Iron ControlsRetro Channels 1 & 2 feature two unique variable harmonic COLOR controls per channel
- HMX & IRON. Designed to emulate tones often associated with 1960s tube designs and the coveted transformer zing of British audio in the 1970s, HMX & Iron will add a dimension to your audio by providing warm, sparkly tones. Better still, you can combine them to get anywhere in between!
HMX: Tube-Style Harmonic Distortion When You Want ItPlenty of engineers love the sound of tubes/valves and if you're one of them, then you're going to love HMX. Travel back in time with ASP800's very own custom harmonic distortion control. Similar to vintage valve preamplifier designs of the 1960s, HMX provides a sweet, thick tone that will sound incredible on anything from drums to electric guitars. By using discrete MOSFET technology, HMX produces asymmetrical harmonic distortion giving you the option to add richness and body to the pristine tone of the Audient mic preamp, DI or line input. Take control of your sound and bring your audio to life, 1960s style.
IRON: Audient's British transformer saturatorA testament to innovation, IRON uses a custom British transformer with a high voltage MOSFET drive network designed to recreate that sparkly, "sounds like a record" signature of 1970s recording. With one control that simultaneously alters drive impedance, bass response, high frequency damping, phase shift, magnetic saturation and transient shaping -
- IRON can instantly add sparkle, growl and so much more with one twist of a knob! It sounds killer on snare, bass, acoustic guitar and anything that needs some extra bite.
Pristine Converter Technology. Brilliance on the inside enables brilliance on the outside.ASP800 provides you with high performance 118-dB AD converters from Burr Brown, the leaders in converter technology. Quality in the analog stages of design comes from years of experience as analog console designers, and when coupled with outstanding converter technology it enables you to hear audio as it's supposed to sound. The importance of converters should never be underestimated.
Experience audio the Audient way. Plug and Play. Plug in and be inspired.As well as offering you 8 channels of mic pre, ASP800 has two harmonically rich JFET D.I inputs. Designed to replicate the input stage of a classic valve amplifier, you can plug your guitar, bass, keyboard or drum machine and start recording instantly.
Built to Last. Quality deserves protection.The result of years of experience in analogue design combined with a focus on precision and detail, ASP800 packs a powerful feature set in an ergonomic 1RU rack mount. From its beautifully crafted hand milled aluminum knobs to its all-metal construction, ASP800 will stand up to countless late nights in the studio and days on the road.
Features:- 8 x World Class Audient Console Mic Pres
- 2 x Retro Channels with Dual Stage COLOUR Saturation Controls
- HMX & IRON
- 2 x Discrete JFET Instrument Inputs
- Pristine 118-dB Burr-Brown A-D Converters
- Balanced Analogue Line Outputs
- ADAT Output for Expandability
- Word Clock Input
- All-Metal Enclosure
- MIC GAIN: 0 to 70 dB (extra gain stage for more!)
- SWITCHABLE PAD: -15 dB (all channels front panel switchable)
- LINE GAIN: -10 to 60 dB (-25 to 45 dB inc. PAD)
- PHANTOM POWER: 48V +/-4V @ 10mA / channel
- MIC EIN: <-127.0 dBu
- CMRR: >80 dB @ 100Hz to 2kHz
- MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL: +20 dBu (+35 dBu with PAD)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE (Mic): >2k Ohm balanced (approx. 2.2k Ohm)
- INPUT IMPEDANCE (Line): >8k Ohm balanced (approx. 8.6k Ohm)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +/-0.5 dB 10Hz to 100kHz @ min. gain
- CROSSTALK: <-90 dBu 10Hz to 10kHz
- THD+N @ 0dBu (1kHz): <0.003% (-90.5 dBu) mostly 3rd harmonic
- SNR: >90 dB @ min. gain
- XLR COMBI FEMALE: Pin 2 (Hot), Pin 3 (Cold) & Pin 1 (Shield)
- 1/4" TRS JACK: Tip (Hot), Ring (Cold) & Sleeve (Shield)
- DISCRETE JFET D.I: (measured via microphone preamplifier circuitry):
- D.I GAIN: 0 dB unity gain (0 to 70 dB)
- MAXIMUM INPUT LEVEL: +17 dBu
- INPUT IMPEDANCE (D.I): 1Meg Ohm unbalanced
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +/-0.5 dB 10Hz to 50kHz
- THD+N @ 0dBu (1kHz): <0.01% (-80 dBu) mostly 2nd & 3rd
- SNR: >85 dB @ min. gain
- 1/4" TS JACK: Tip (Hot) & Sleeve (Shield)
- A-D CONVERTER: (measured under AES-17 sans microphone preamplifiers):
- CHIPSET: Burr-Brown PCM4204 24-bit PCM
- DIGITAL REFERENCE LEVEL: Selectable via Rear Panel
- 0 dBFS = +18 dBu (iD22 Professional)
- 0 dBFS = +12 dBu (iD14 Prosumer)
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: +/-0.1 dB 20Hz to Fs/2 (Nyquist)
- CROSSTALK: <-110 dBFS @ 1kHz & <-90 dBFS @ 10kHz
- THD+N @ -1 dBFS (1kHz): 0.0015% (-96.5 dB)
- THD+N @ -6 dBFS (1kHz): 0.0009% (-101 dB)
- DYNAMIC RANGE:- 113.5 dB un-weighted
- 116.0 dB A-weighted
- PEAK LED LINEUP: -2 dBFS (moves with reference level)
- SIGNAL LED LINEUP: -38 dBFS (moves with reference level)
- DIGITAL OUTPUT:- ADAT 8 CHANNEL SMUX: 44.1 to 96.0 kHz
- CLOCK: Internal Crystal or External Source
- WORDCLOCK INPUT: 75Ohm BNC - switchable 75Ohm termination
- WEIGHT: 4.5 kg
- DIMENSIONS: (1RU) 482 x 286.5 x 44mm
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.