Adam Audio T5V Active Studio Monitor
The Adam Audio T5V is a highly affordable two-way nearfield monitor, optimized for small control rooms. With its 5" woofer the bass-frequency response of the T5V extends to 45 Hz. The U-ART tweeter, a breakthrough solution for use in high-resolution recording and mixing on a budget, goes up to 25 kHz and is mated to a precision waveguide with the same dispersion-control attributes as the High Frequency Propagation (HPS) waveguide used in ADAM Audio's flagship S Series monitors. The waveguide's highly uniform dispersion of high frequencies provides an incredibly wide sweet spot that frees you from being glued to a rigid mix position while working.
A beveled cabinet with a rear-firing bass reflex port and a small footprint allows placement anywhere in your room, no matter how small, and contains built-in DSP-controlled driver crossovers and equalization as well as multi-way analog connections. Powered with a 50 W Class D amplifier for the woofer and a 20 W Class D amplifier for the U-ART tweeter, the T5V produces SPLs of up to 106 dB per pair.
Excellent acoustic characteristics, small dimensions and an outstanding cost/performance ratio make this studio monitor perfectly suited for use in small control rooms in music, video and broadcast production.
If you need to hear more bottom end, the T5V is compatible with the ADAM Sub7 and Sub8 subwoofers.
- U-ART 1.9" Accelerated Ribbon Tweeter
- Allows longer operation with fewer signs of fatigue
- Breakup is prevented by the folded diaphragms, distortions are effectively reduced to a minimum
- Advanced dynamic range due to acoustically effective diaphragm surface that is 2.5 times bigger (compared to a classic tweeter according to the piston principle)
- Air velocity ratio of 4:1 during the sound generation by folded U-ART membrane
- Direct, fast response in the high-range even with complex transients
- HPS waveguide from the S Series
- Makes dispersion more consistent and imaging more stable over a wider area
- Reduction of early reflections on the surfaces of mixing consoles, desks, and more
- Lightweight polypropylene construction of the woofer
- Excellent transient response even at high sound levels without breakup of the diaphragm
- Vertical 2-way system with 5" woofer
- High resolution of the stereo image
- Rear-firing bass reflex port
- Bass reproduction with very low compression
- Linear frequency response of 45 Hz to 25 kHz
- Unbiased reproduction in a wide frequency band
- Maximum peak sound pressure per pair in 3.3' (1 m) 106 dB
- Powerful, compression-free sound reproduction even at very high sound levels
- DSP-powered crossover design
- Smooth frequency response without interference between the drivers in the critical midrange
- Simple room acoustic adjustments via high- and low-shelf filters
- Allows optimal adaptation to acoustically difficult listening environments or individual preferences
- Analog inputs over XLR and RCA
- Optimized for balanced and unbalanced line signals
- Acoustically optimized cabinet geometry
- Reduction of unwanted reflections on the cabinets