Adam Audio S2V Active Nearfield Studio Monitor
Check the delivery time for another location!
The Adam Audio S2V is a classic two-way nearfield monitor designed for use in small-to-medium-sized control rooms. The 7-inch bass driver, created from the ground up for the S Series, covers frequencies ranging from 35 Hz to 3 kHz and delivers a powerful, distortion-free low-end with a wide dynamic range. The carefully refined S-ART tweeter, handbuilt as ever at the ADAM Audio factory in Berlin, works seamlessly in tandem with the HPS waveguide, creating absolutely precise imaging within a generously proportioned sweet spot.
The S2V's compact dimensions belie its impressive power. A 300 W Class D amplifier drives the woofer while a 50 W Class A/B unit handles the S-ART tweeter; the combined output produces SPLs of up to 120dB per pair.
The S Series' custom-designed DSP optimizes the loudspeaker crossovers to create linear responses for the entire range, as well as providing user equalization and in-room tuning/voicing functions. The DSP also handles the limiter-based high-frequency driver protection, processes the signals from the AES3 digital inputs, and will in time facilitate various expansion options. Software updates can be carried out with ease via the associated USB port, which also allows users to connect computers and control the speakers' DSP functions via a software front-end.
With its highly accurate frequency response and balanced, razor-sharp imaging, the S2V allows users to pinpoint even the most subtle audio details, making it an ideal choice for use in demanding studio environments.
German Handmade Precision S-ART Tweeter with HPS Waveguide
- 7" Woofer (Hexacone)
- Cumulated Amp. Power RMS: 350 W
- Frequency Response: 35 Hz - 50 kHz
- Max. SPL Per Pair at 1 m: >120 dB
- AES3 Digital Inputs And Various Expansion Options
S-ART tweeter, handmade in Berlin and manufactured to the tightest tolerances in ADAM Audio's history
- Allows longer operation with fewer signs of fatigue
- Their breakup is prevented by the folded diaphragms, distortions are effectively reduced to a minimum
- Advanced dynamic range due to acoustically effective diaphragm surface that is 2.5 times bigger (compared to a classic tweeter according to the piston principle)
- The air velocity ratio of 4:1 during the sound generation by folded S-ART membrane
- Direct, fast response in the high-range even with complex transients
HPS waveguide, milled from a solid block of aluminum
- Makes dispersion more consistent and imaging more stable over a wider area
- Reduction of early reflections on the surfaces of, e.g. mixing consoles, desks, etc.
- Custom-built Extended Linear Excursion (ELE) bass drivers
- Accurate audio reproduction at an extremely high resolution thanks to the precision-designed relationship between its low weight, optimized inner damping and highly rigid HexaCone membrane, in conjunction with a basket which has been developed to eliminate unwanted resonance and distortion
Custom-designed Symmetrical Magnet Assembly (SMA)
- Allows the voice coil a maximum excursion three times greater than that offered by previous designs, with an extended, symmetrical magnetic field ensuring linear, low-distortion operation
- Power compression effects are prevented by an intelligent self-cooling system
- Vertical 2-way system with 7" woofer
- Very high resolution of the stereo image
Spacious bass reflex ports on the front
- Bass reproduction with very low compression
- Allows positioning close to walls
- Highly efficient PWM ICE Power amplifier for the woofer coupled with an A/B amplifier for S-ART tweeter
- Low-distortion amplification at both low and high volume levels
Linear frequency response of 35 Hz to 50 kHz
- Unbiased reproduction in a wide frequency band
Maximum peak sound pressure per pair in 1 m > 120 dB
- Powerful, compression-free sound reproduction even at very high sound levels
Custom DSP engine
- Perfect crossovers for optimal frequency response and maximum dynamic range
- EQ options and presets for in-room optimization
- Limiter-based amp protection, AES3 digital inputs and board connectors for future expansion options, together with a USB connector for software upgrades and computer-based control
- Analog XLR input
- Optimized for balanced line signals
Acoustically optimized and weightily constructed cabinets
- Reduction of susceptibility to vibrations and unwanted edge-diffraction effect
- Number: 1
- Basket: 7" (178 mm)
- Voice Coil: 1.5" (39 mm)
- Cone Material: HexaCone
- Number: 1
- Type: S-ART
- Diaphragm Area: 4 inch
- Equiv. Diaphragm: 2" (56 mm)
- Velocity Transform Ratio: 4:1
- Diaphragm Weight: 0.17 g
- Waveguide: HPS
- Number: 2
- Woofer: 1
- Type: PWM
- Amp. Power RMS: 300 W
- Tweeter: 1
- Type: A/B
- Amp. Power RMS: 50 W
- Input Sensitivity: Adjustable
- Parametric EQs: 6
- Room Compensation High-Shelf EQ: 1
- Room Compensation Low-Shelf EQ: 1
- Preset Memories: 5
- Delay: 0 ms to 5 ms
- Analog: XLR
- Input Impedance: 48 kOhm
- Digital: AES3
- Panel: Rear
- Frequency Response: 35 Hz - 50 kHz
- THD > 100 Hz: Greater than or equal to 0.4%
- Max. SPL per pair at 1 m: Greater than or equal to 120 dB
- Crossover Frequencies: 3 kHz
- Max. Power Consumption: 230 W
- Weight: 24.2 lb (11.0 kg)
- Height x Width x Depth: 13.6" (346 mm) x 8.7" (222 mm) x 13.3" (338 mm )
- Warranty: 5 years (2 years warranty plus 3 years optional with product registration)
- Delivery Contents: Power cord, Manual
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.