Symphony Desktop packs the legendary sound quality of Apogee's rack-mount Symphony I/O Mk II into an elegant and inspiring 10×10 audio interface that sits on your desk and fits in your bag. With Symphony Desktop, musicians and producers are empowered to record, overdub and mix with the music industry's most respected AD/DA converters and mic preamps -- all in a USB-C audio interface for Mac and Windows. Symphony Desktop features a suite of hardware DSP plug-ins that can also run natively in your favorite DAW -- no hardware required.A/D Conversion: Faithfully capture every nuance
Like Symphony I/O Mk II, Symphony Desktop's analog-to-digital converter stage features ultra-low distortion, high-slew rate, fully differential analog op-amps plus a cutting edge A/D converter in a performance-enhancing dual-sum configuration. Create with the confidence that every nuance of your analog input is faithfully reproduced in the digital domain.D/A Conversion: A widescreen window into your mix
The digital-to-analog stage of Symphony Desktop features brand-new technology that provides uncompromising Symphony DAC performance in a portable product, including a robust ultra-low distortion, high-current, fully balanced output driver. Regardless of downstream connections, Symphony Desktop delivers a transparent, widescreen window into the sonic landscape of your mix.Mic Preamps: Superior Performance + Vintage Emulations
At the core of the input stage, are Symphony Desktop's mic preamps offering up to 75dB of gain. The preamp design features Apogee’s unique Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture which ensures ultra-low noise and distortion regardless of the source, from pounding kick drum to delicate fingerpicking on an acoustic guitar. With variable impedance settings on both mic and instrument inputs, Symphony Desktop optimizes the input stage to better match your specific devices, for deep lows and clear highs. Selectable Apogee Alloy preamp emulations add character, attitude and maybe a bit of grit to your recordings.
Apogee Alloy Preamps: Dial in the Warmth and Tone of Iconic Analog Preamps
Apogee Alloy Preamp emulation combines analog circuitry and DSP processing to create the richest, most authentic preamp modeling available in an audio interface. Critical aspects of the model such as input impedance, transient profile and distortion characteristics are first implemented in the analog domain, followed by precise and accurate refinement in DSP, for a hybrid result that's greater than the sum of its parts.
British Solid State - Class A Console Sound: Inspired by the Marinar "Round can" input transformer and discrete transistor design of the Class A Neve 1066 mic preamp, this emulation gives you the sonic weight and smooth transient response of the hardware. Push the level for increased width and punch.
American Tube - Lush, 50s Tone: Symphony Desktop’s AP-57 mic preamp gives you the lush, larger-than-life sounds of a '50s era Ampex 601 preamp, carefully restored and modded for lower noise and greater dynamic range. Apogee captured the harmonic warmth, richness and high-end sheen of the hardware, plus the “gently overcooked” sound of the overloading circuit.Two High Powered Headphone Outputs
Symphony Desktop has two completely independent ultra low impedance headphone outputs, individually routable, both equipped with dual-sum ESS DACs. Output power range is tailored to the expected type of headphones: the front panel output can drive virtually any headphones, while the rear panel output is specifically tailored for high-efficiency headphones.Apogee FX Plug-ins: Premium Native and Hardware DSP Plug-ins
Obsessively crafted by the same team that designs all Apogee hardware and software products, Apogee FX and FX Rack plug-ins offer superior sound quality, and full bandwidth performance (44.1 to 192.kHz) for all DAWs on your Mac. From visually modern interfaces that allow you to precisely shape and contour your sound to meticulously modeled vintage hardware that is so accurate it has been endorsed by the hardware manufacturer, Apogee plug-ins will quickly find their way into your daily recording tool kit.DualPath Monitoring
- Control everything when it comes to recording right from your DAW. No need to bounce between multiple windows to ensure your sound and settings are the same.
- Share your sessions without having to have Apogee hardware. Native plugins allow you the freedom to hear your recording just the way you recorded it.
- Print FX: Record Apogee FX Plugins directly from the hardware DSP in Symphony Desktop to the corresponding channel in your DAW with zero latency while tracking.
- Monitor FX: Monitor with zero latency and dial-in an inspiring sound without being destructive. You can change any Monitor FX at any point in time.
- Get the best of both worlds and combine Print and Monitor FX on any track.
- Most affordable Symphony series interface ever
- Cutting-edge components and circuit design deliver flagship sound quality
- Apogee's flagship A/D and D/A conversion delivers ultra-low distortion and provides a transparent window into the sonic landscape of your mix and recordings
- Up to 24-bit/192 kHz digital audio
- 2 Advanced Stepped Gain mic preamps with up to 75 dB of gain
- FET instrument input with electric guitar tube amp characteristics
- Apogee Alloy Mic Preamp emulation (Analog processing + DSP modeling)
- Built-in hardware DSP processing of Apogee FX plugins
- Flexible, zero-latency plug-in workflows: Print, Monitor and DualPath Link workflows
- Dynamic touch screen display for comprehensive hardware control: Hands-on processing with Symphony's intuitive touch screen that allows you to dial in your perfect settings -or utilize Apogee's Desktop Control software to set up your session, input and output selection, monitor control, and more
- 2 fully balanced 1/4" outputs
- 2 assignable headphone outputs: 1 x 1/4"", 1 x 1/8" -Two completely independent ultra-low impedance headphone outputs, individually routable, both equipped with dual-sum ESS DACs
- 10 IN x 14 OUT simultaneous channels of audio
- MIDI over USB
- Digital I/O: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT,S/PDIF)
- USB 2.0 over USB Type C connector
- Includes 6 Hardware DSP plug-ins: Symphony ECS Channel Strip, Pultec EQP-1A & Pultec MEQ-5, Opto-3A, ModEQ 6, and ModComp
- Includes 2 Native Plug-ins: Symphony ECS Channel Strip & Clearmountain's Spaces
Brand-new products are shipped from the vendor's factory to our warehouses, then from the warehouse to you – there's no detour through a retail store where the boxes are opened, and the products put on display and sold as leftovers. When you shop online, make sure you're comparing new, factory-fresh gear from authorized US dealers like zZounds.
Clearance Gear: Special Opportunities to Save Big!
When It's Not New, We Tell You
We occasionally have opportunities to buy B-stock merchandise from manufacturers. And sometimes, we get customer returns in less than perfect condition. We offer these products to you at special discounts – and we always identify it clearly using the classifications below. So unless it says otherwise, your product is new from the factory.
Warehouse Resealed gear is typically a customer return. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty*. However, the packaging may be slightly compromised and thus not in absolutely perfect, unused condition like our new inventory. This inventory is a great value.
This is typically a customer return with minor cosmetic imperfections, such as superficial scratches or scuffs on the finish. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty*. It has been tested to manufacturer's specifications and is guaranteed to work perfectly. It may be less attractive than Warehouse Resealed inventory, but it's priced even lower! This inventory is a great value.
Scratch and Dent
This is typically a customer return that shows general wear and tear, along with dents and scratches. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty*. It has been tested to manufacturer's specifications and is guaranteed to work perfectly, but will show signs of use. It may be less attractive than Blemished inventory, but it's priced even lower! This inventory is a great value.
Factory Resealed gear is typically a purchase directly from the vendor, who may have used the product at a training session or at a trade show. It may also be a factory-refurbished product. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty*. However, the packaging may be slightly compromised and thus not in absolutely perfect, unused condition like our new inventory. This inventory is a great value.
B-Stock gear is typically a purchase directly from the vendor, who may have used the product at a training session or at a trade show, or it may be a refurbished product. This inventory includes all parts, components, manuals (hard copy or downloadable) and the full factory warranty*. It has been tested to manufacturer's specifications and it is guaranteed to work perfectly, but it may have a cosmetic blemish. It may be less attractive than Warehouse or Factory Resealed inventory, but it's priced even lower! This inventory is a great value.
* Warranty coverage for non-new gear varies by manufacturer. Contact Us to see if this item includes a warranty.
We guarantee your complete satisfaction for 30 days after your order is delivered.
We allow you to return almost any product for any reason. When returning a product, you can request an identical replacement item, exchange the product for another product, or request a refund. When procedures are followed, there are no restocking fees. For Canadian and U.S. territories customers, please note that if you request an exchange, we require the original item to be received and processed in our warehouse before shipping a replacement.