eMedia Music Theory Tutor Complete
eMedia Music Theory Tutor Complete
We're sorry, but this item is unavailable.
Free -Day ShippingGet it by when you order within
Get it if you order in Price:
Call to Order
Notify Me ×
OverviewLearn theory to compose and play music better with Music Theory Tutor Complete! Music Theory Tutor Complete includes Volume 1 and Volume 2 in a value priced set with over 400 engaging lessons that teach the crucial musical elements of rhythm, melody, and harmony. Learning is easier and more effective with images, audio, interactivity, and numerous examples. Like an instructor, the Intelligent Practice feature analyzes your responses to questions and skill level to create an individualized practice program to improve your weak areas. Many lessons let you enter pitches simply by humming, singing, or playing your instrument into the computer's microphone. The software listens as you tap in rhythms, sing back pitches to guess intervals, and interact with the lessons. Music Theory Tutor Complete will show you when you match pitches correctly in a lesson, and shows a chart of your progress as you move through the course. Gain confidence as you pass quizzes at the end of each subject and ace tests at the end of every grade level completion.In Music Theory Tutor Complete, you'll learn all about the building blocks of music. The structured course and practice exercises help you hear musical keys, scales, intervals, chords, and rhythms "in your head" to help you compose without an instrument, improvise solos, and learn songs by ear faster.
"Well-thought-out music training application." "This is a very, very cool tool for music teachers or any Mac user who wants to improve their singing or understanding of music."
- Mac360"Ear Teacher offers a thoughtful, step-by-step introduction to ear training."
- Dr. Erik Steighner, saxophonist and music teacher
Learn How Music WorksLearn how rhythms, scales, chords, and chord progressions are created. Understand how tempos are described and notes are subdivided and grouped into measures. Learn the function of melody and harmony and how to use harmonic and rhythmic cadence. Understand all of the fundamentals that every composer, songwriter, and instrumentalist should know.
Train Your Ears Sight-sing music as you read it and hear it "in your head" by recognizing rhythms, intervals, and chord relationships. Start composing away from your instrument and sight-read faster!
- See the Music and Hear It "Inside Your Head"
Tap, Hum, Sing and PlayAnswer questions the natural way. Tap out the answer to a rhythm question; hum two notes to identify an interval, sing the notes in a melody, or play them on your instrument. Learning music shouldn't be about typing!
Get Help as You Go and See Your ProgressTake tests and view statistics to track your progress and watch yourself improve. The Intelligent Practice feature tracks your responses in lessons and automatically selects questions to improve weak spots as an instructor would.
- A step-by-step curriculum designed by Dr. Gregory Simon, who holds a doctorate in composition from the University of Michigan and teaches at the University of Colorado.
- Over 400 lessons, exercises, and tests with graphics, interactivity, and sound.
- Both music theory and basic ear training combined into one powerful application.
- A graph showing testing and answer statistics to let you easily measure your progress.
- Intelligent Practice that tracks your progress and automatically selects questions to improve weak spots.
- Exercises teaching rhythmic fundamentals including tempo, counting beats, measures, values for notes and rests, and syncopation.
- Rhythmic lessons teach counting plus recognition of simple and compound time signatures (including 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 9/8, etc.) and cut time.
- Interactive lessons for learning to read music with explanations and exercises for learning clefs, key signatures, note pitches, names, and rhythmic values (including dotted and beamed notes) including advanced triplets.
- Explanation of major, minor (harmonic and natural), and chromatic scale construction plus modes