The Earthquaker Devices Tentacle is a classic analog octave up effect. It is the very same octave from our beloved Hoof Reaper pedal. We got so many requests to make this a stand-alone unit that we just had to make it a reality. You can now add an excellent, swelling octave up to anything your heart desires! Pair it with your favorite fuzz, strap on a headband and unleash your inner Jammy Hendrix. Put it in front of another octave up and blow your amp's mind. Throw it in the effects loop of a delay and marvel at what happens (then tell us, we'd like to know too). What's better? It has no controls! Nothing to worry about at all here, just hit the switch and go for it. The Tentacle is an analog octave up, the effect will become much more pronounced when using your neck pickup and playing above the 12th fret.
- Analog Octave Up -Now the dynamic, swelling octave up effect from our Hoof Reaper exists as a standalone unit to be used anywhere in the signal path
- Recreates the upper octave effect heard in vintage fuzz pedals
- Simple controls
- the Tentacle is either on or off. No knobs!
- Top-mounted jacks to save space on crowded pedalboards*
- All-analog signal path
- True bypass
- Silent relay based switching*
- New flexi-switch switching allows for momentary or traditional latching operation*
- Lifetime guarantee
- Current draw: 2mA
- Each and every Tentacle is built by hand in Akron, Ohio.
- V2 updates
- February 2018:
- Flexi-switch switching for latching or momentary operation
- Silent relay-based switching
- New enclosure