IK Multimedia AXE I/O USB Audio Interface
Check the delivery time for another location!
- and controller -
- designed specifically with the needs of the recording guitarist in mind, providing best-in-class sound quality and powerful features aimed squarely at making your recordings faster, easier and better than ever.
Guitar Channel with Switchable Circuit TopologiesAXE I/O‚Äôs main channel offers 3 different circuit topologies. That means you have 3 different options to adapt to any type of guitar, pick-up and style so you can always dial in the perfect tone from any instrument:
- PURE: The Pure setting offers a completely transparent and ultra-accurate instrument preamp that won‚Äôt color your sound in any way.
- JFET: a Class A JFET input buffer to add subtle harmonic enhancement. A slight midrange focus adds warmth, giving you more tonal options from the same instrument.
- ACTIVE pickups don‚Äôt require a Hi-Z input, so this setting bypasses unnecessary gain stages to keep your signal path as direct, transparent and clean as possible.All three stages offer 117 dB dynamic range to ensure the cleanest signal. And the 3 Hz ‚Äì 32 kHz frequency response preserves the full sonic impact of your instrument.AXE I/O‚Äôs patent pending Z-TONE circuit lets you dial in impedance from 1 MOhm (‚Äúsharp‚Äù) down to 2.2 kOhms (‚Äúbold‚Äù) that interacts with your pick-ups. At the maximum impedance, you‚Äôll find your sound tighter, sharper and more precise. Lighten the load and the sound becomes more thick and bold.
Two Microphone InputsWhen it comes to recording with microphones, AXE I/O offers two PURE mic preamps designed for transparent and clean recording. These mic pres offer a wide, flat frequency response: 5 Hz to 32 kHz, ÔÇ± 0.5 dB (at 96 kHz) to avoid unwanted coloration and perfectly preserve the sonic character of your acoustic guitar, piano or other instrument, and maintain the character of whichever mics you connect.They offer 116 dB of dynamic range, for ultra-quiet sound perfect for recording even the most delicate instruments, but make it easy to also pull back and record the loudest amp stack.
Re-Amping Made SimpleAXE I/O offers a simple, streamlined re-amping setup in a single box, to save you time, money and energy and open up unlimited sonic flexibility for all your guitar recordings. Just record a track with a clean copy of your guitar‚Äôs signal. Now you can use the Amp out to experiment with different amp, stompbox and microphone settings, or swap out a whole new rig!
Plays Well With AmpliTube SoftwareFor those who prefer in-the-box modeling, AXE I/O also offers a range of useful features. First, a Preset knob lets you quickly and easily scroll through AmpliTube presets. The Preset knob can be freely assigned to any CC so you can have direct control of your preferred virtual rig. Second, two dedicated controller inputs let you connect up to two expression pedals or two single/double switches to control AmpliTube, or any other software, in real-time without putting your hands down.
Software Control PanelAxe I/O also includes a powerful, convenient Control Panel application to manage inputs & outputs, assign routing & controller inputs. In the INTERFACE tab, you can select the active inputs digitally from the front to rear panels, so you can leave all your devices connected and switch between them from your laptop. Control gain, metering behavior, and more for both inputs and outputs, without ever needing to touch the physical unit. The CONTROLLER tab gives you control over the preset knob and 2 controller inputs. Set behavior, MIDI channel, MIDI CC #, minimum and maximum values, and more, to dial in the best settings for whatever application you want to control.
Includes AmpliTube 4 Deluxe and MoreAXE I/O offers a massive bundle of over $/‚Ç¨1,000 of software and plug-ins, so you have everything you need to track, mix and master your music right out of the box. The included AmpliTube 4 Deluxe offers over 140 ultra-accurate models of guitar and bass amps, cabs, pedals, mics and more. You‚Äôll also receive a selection of 10 of our most popular and best sounding T-RackS 5 Singles, covering the most popular processors for mixing guitar, bass, vocals and any other instrument, and mastering full tracks with a world-class sound.AXE I/O also includes Ableton Live 10 Lite, a fresh and easy way to write music, record audio and produce your own songs.
- 2-in / 5-out (one low-noise Amp out)
- 2 ultra-low noise mic in/balanced line in
- Triple topology guitar input with Z-TONE
- 2 balanced monitor out / 2 line out
- Reference headphones out
- 2 fully configurable external control input
- MIDI input/output
- USB 2.0 compatible with Mac/PC
- AmpliTube 4 Deluxe: over 140 ultra
- realistic models of iconic guitar amps, cabs, FX and more
- 10 T-RackS Singles for mixing instruments, including EQ, compressors, reverb, delays, mic modeling and more
- Ableton Live 10 Lite recording software
- Selectable Active/Passive/discrete JFET/Pure instrument preamp
- Patent-pending Z-Tone variable impedance Hi-Z input re-shapes the sound of instruments to dramatically re
- shape the tone of your guitar, or precisely match the impedance of a virtual gear model
- Front-panel Amp Out for easy re-amping, with no need for a direct box and no ground loops or noise
- Front-panel 1/4" return lets you add external pedal FX without the need to re-wire rear inputs -
- connect up to 2 expression pedals, single and double-switches
- Fully assignable data-knob to scroll through presets in AmpliTube 4 and other plug-ins, with freely assignable CCs 2 inputs for expression pedals or single/switches for real-time control over virtual rigs
- Built-in Tuner
- Rugged/compact metal housing
- High-resolution ultra low-noise Class A microphone preamps
- Best-in-class conversion and superior analog design
- Asynchronous USB audio, ultra low conversion jitters for premium quality
- 117dB dynamic range
- Includes control software
- Up to 192 kHz sampling rate
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.