Novation Bass Station II Analog Synthesizer Keyboard, 25-Key
Check the delivery time for another location!
Much More Than BassEqually at home on stage and in the studio, Bass Station II can sound as warm and mellow or aggressive and hard as you want it to. Modulate the filter to make it sing, crank the distortion to toughen up that bass, and push the resonance to self-oscillation to get those lead lines screaming.Featuring two tuneable oscillators, a sub-oscillator for enhancing the all-important low end, plus noise and ring modulation, Bass Station II more than delivers when it comes to generating raw tones. It's also got two distinct analogue filter types
- the Classic multi-mode filter of the original Bass Station and the all-new 24dB/octave Acid filter, with its darker, smoother sound
- and plenty of modulation in the shape of two LFOs and a pair of ADSR envelopes.
Easy Controls for Complex DesignBass Station II puts a powerful collection of controls at your fingertips, so you can totally lose yourself in discovering and creating new sounds. Of course, Novation have laid those controls out in the clearest and most useful way possible, to keep your sound design workflow fluid and fun.
Save and Load PatchesBass Station II comes loaded with 64 diverse presets designed to showcase its incredible sonic flexibility. Visit the Novation website to download new artist patches to keep you inspired, and create your own sounds from scratch and save them in one of the 64 user preset slots. A free software librarian lets to manage your Bass Station II's patches.
Instant InspirationWhen you need instant melodic inspiration, Bass Station II's pattern-based arpeggiator and step sequencer are ready to roll. Record your own patterns into the sequencer in real time, then store them for use with any patch. Sequences and arpeggios automatically sync to your connected music software or MIDI hardware, and swing can be dialed in when you really want to get your groove on.
Connect to Just About AnythingBeing a class compliant USB device, you can plug Bass Station II into any Mac, PC or USB power supply and start playing. It also has MIDI I/O on 5-pin DIN ports, for hook-up to other MIDI gear, and you can even connect an external instrument and run it through Bass Station II's analogue filter and effects.
FeaturesCreate a huge variety of sounds: two tuneable, syncable analogue oscillators with a selection of four waveforms, plus sub-oscillator, noise and ring modulation.Enormous bass and shrieking leads: switch the Classic Filter between low-, high
- and band-pass modes with 12 and 24dB/octave slopes.Improved analogue filter stage: the 24dB Acid Filter is even darker, wetter and smoother than the Classic.Turn Jekyll to Hyde: create crunchy, aggressive sounds with true analogue distortion, filter-modulation effects and filter overdrive.Easily load and save patches: There's space for 128 patches, and 64 factory sounds are included. Downloadable artist packs cover a huge range of styles and give you even more presets to get inspired, and you can create your own sounds from scratch and save them in any preset slot. Get instant inspiration: record notes, ties, rests and rhythms in real time using the step sequencer and arpeggiator, then store them for use with any patch.Experiment easily: get hands-on with the comprehensive array of controls, cleverly arranged for intuitive patch design and sound editing. Flexible modulation: triangle, sawtooth and square LFO waveforms, as well as sample and hold, and two ADSR envelopes for filter, pitch and pulse width modulation.Connect to hardware and software: connect and sync to your music software and MIDI-compatible hardware.Player's keyboard: full sized 25-note velocity-sensitive keyboard, with fast synth-action action and aftertouch.Store unlimited sounds: archive as many patches as you like on your Mac or PC using the Librarian Software.What's in the Box?
- Novation Bass Station II synthesizer
- DC power supply unit (PSU)
- USB cable
- Ableton Live Lite
- Getting Started Guide
- Osc 1
- Osc 2
- Sub Osc (3)
- Noise generator
- Osc 1 & 2
- Select between waveforms:
- square/variable pulse width
- Sync 1 & 2
- Octave range
- Pitch bend
- Pitch modulation to Mod Envelope and LFO 1
- Pulse width modulation to Mod Envelope and LFO 2
- Sub Osc (3) which is tracked to Osc 1
- Select independently between waveforms:
- Narrow pulse
- All modulation and tuning tracked to Osc 1
- Independent octave select
- Osc 1 level
- Osc 2 level
- Sub Osc level
- Noise generator level
- Ring modulation depth
- External signal level
- Two filter types:
- Acid type (diode ladder filter design)
- Classic type (derived from original Bass Station)
- Filter frequency to Mod Envelope depth
- Filter frequency to LFO 2 depth
- Select 'Classic' filter between:
- Low pass
- Band pass
- High pass
- 12dB slope
- 24dB slope
- Two ADSR Envelopes (Attack/Decay/Sustain/Release):
- Amp Envelope
- Mod Envelope
- Combined control of both Envelopes
- Select triggering mode between:
- Single trigger (holds envelope state when note is played)
- Multi trigger (re-triggers with every note played)
- Autoglide (engages portamento)
- There is also a VCA limiter
- Two LFOs each selectable between:
- Sample and hold
- Both LFOs independently adjustable between rate and delay time
- Key sync LFO 1 & 2
- LFO slew on LFO 1& 2 (low pass filter on the LFO waveform)
- Distortion send
- Oscillator filter mod amount (FM effect created by Oscillator 2 modulating filter freq)
- Step Sequencer/Arpeggiator:
- Up to 32 different patterns
- Select between 1-4 octave range
- Swing function
- Select direction:
- up / down 1
- up / down 2
- As played
- Latch (hold the arpeggiator)
- Step Sequencer:
- Up to four sequences
- Assign one of 32 preset rhythms or create your own
- insert rests or legato (slide)
- Sequencer re-trigger function
- Adjust glide time
- Single trigger or re-trigger modes
- Integrate into step sequencer and arpeggiator
- Hardware & controller assignment:
- 25 note synth-action keyboard
- Aftertouch can be assigned to modulate:
- Filter frequency
- LFO 1to Osc pitch
- Osc 2 speed
- Pitch wheel
- Modulation wheel can be assigned to:
- LFO 2 to filter frequency
- LFO 1 to Osc pitch
- Osc 2 pitch
- Octave up/ down buttons
- 64 factory presets
- 64 slots for user patches (and patch dump facility for storing more)
- Master volume dial
- Inputs and Outputs:
- USB MIDI (for connecting & powering Bass Station II via host computer)
- Mono output on 1/4" TRS jack
- Headphone output on 1/4" TRS jack
- External input on 1/4" TRS jack
- Sustain pedal input on 1/4" TS jack
- MIDI IN / MIDI OUT ports on 5 pin din
- DC power input
- Switch between power off / DC powered / bus powered
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.