PreSonus built their reputation designing great-sounding analog circuits for critical studio recording environments, and they put all of that experience into designing StudioLive Series III S. In 1995, PreSonus patented digital control over analog circuits with their first studio product. Building on this legacy, they created a separate digital volume-control circuit ahead of their lauded analog XMAX mic preamp design, providing the convenience of digital recall without sacrificing fidelity. This allows the StudioLive mic preamps to be remote-controlled with UC Surface software or Studio One, and when loading a StudioLive mixer scene, the mic preamp trim values can be recalled along with the other settings.
Extensive connections for flexible signal flow.The back panels of StudioLive Series III S consoles sport all of the connections you need for live sound and studio production. With flexible connectivity, superior audio quality, the ability to customize for your work flow, and powerful processing, mixing, and routing capabilities, you‚Äôll create your mixes in whatever manner works best for you.
Record via USB and SD Card. Simultaneously.PreSonus Capture recording software is an intuitive multitrack recording application with a fully integrated Virtual Soundcheck mode that runs directly on the StudioLive Series III digital mixer or on your Mac or Windows computer. Record to USB, to an SD Card, or both for the ultimate redundant live recording rig. Best of all, Capture sessions open natively in Studio One with the entire StudioLive mix scene re-created in the Studio One console, complete with fader levels, Fat Channel settings, mutes, solos, and more to launch your live mix right where you left it. No other multitrack software makes recording as fast and simple.
Fat Channel plug-ins bring your mix to life.Every Fat Channel plug-in has been created using State Space Models of the individual components of the original hardware so they sound and behave just like the analog units. The ten included vintage EQ and classic compressor Fat Channel plug-in models can be used onboard the mixer, available on every input channel and output bus, as well as within Studio One. And when you‚Äôre ready for more options, PreSonus offers four Fat Channel plug-in collections with 15 additional models from which to choose, giving you a host of new signal processing options. Fat Channel plug-ins can be inserted on every input channel and output bus. Now you can enjoy extensive, studio-style processing whether recording in the studio or running shows on the road.
The ultimate USB audio interface and control surface.With 128 (64x64) channels of recording over USB, the StudioLive Series III S is not just the best digital mixer for live sound recording; it‚Äôs the best for the studio as well. Each channel can independently access its analog input or its dedicated digital return from your computer. While compatible with any DAW, Studio One and StudioLive are the perfect pair to elevate your recording environment. Remotely control your StudioLive‚Äôs recallable XMAX mic preamps and Fat Channel processing from Studio One Artist. Press the DAW button and use the touch-sensitive motorized faders to control your Studio One mix as well as MCU and HUI DAW control modes for third party DAWs. Seamless integration and thoughtful bidirectional control with Studio One make StudioLive the best mixing consoles for the modern recording studio.
Reconfigure your mix without unplugging a cable.StudioLive Series III S digital mixers incorporate the concept of an analog patch bay and digitize it. This lets you patch any analog input or digital return (AVB, USB, or SD Card) to any channel to customize your mix configuration. This flexible feature also allows you to freely route audio to your AVB network and record any of the inputs and FlexMixes on the 64 USB sends.
- Portable, powerful, and flexible digital console for installed sound, mobile applications, and recording
- Dual-core FLEX DSP Engine powers 286 simultaneous processors, 26 mix buses, and 40 mixing channels
- Fully recallable, 40-input, 32-channel digital mixing console
- Built-in AVB networking to create a complete ecosystem with PreSonus NSB stage boxes, EarMix 16M personal monitor mixers, and SW5E AVB switch
- Built-in 128-channel (64x64) USB interface‚Äîthe most of any digital mixer on the market
- Onboard multitrack SD Card recorder with true Virtual Soundcheck
- Expandable plug-in processing with vintage EQ and classic compression options on every input channel and output bus
- 16 FlexMixes (aux mixes, subgroups, or matrix mixes)
- 32 mic/line inputs with recallable XMAX preamps
- 25 touch-sensitive, motorized faders
- All new scene management, with scenes organized into projects with scene lock and channel safe
- Password protected user profiles enable restricting access to specific features
- FLEX FX multi-effects processor with 4 slots to load legendary reverb emulations and delays with 4 dedicated effects buses
- Channel scribble strips and input metering
- DAW Control
- Advanced Studio One control integration
- MCU emulation mode optimized for Logic
- HUI emulation mode optimized for Pro Tools
- Complete solution: Includes UC Surface mix control software for macOS, Windows, Android, and iPad; Capture live-recording software and Studio One Artist DAW for macOS and Windows; compatible with free QMix-UC personal monitoring control for iPhone, and Android
- 3-year warranty
Includes Complete Fat Channel Volume 1 Plug-in Collection!Complete Fat Channel Volume 1 is a collection of 11 high-end/vintage EQ and compressor plug-ins that can be added to any current StudioLive console or rack mixer to expand its processing power. Fat Channel plug-ins are virtual signal processors that load in your StudioLive mixer's Fat Channel, expanding your Fat Channel processor library much like plug-ins do in a DAW. All are state-modeled to accurately produce the sound and response of the original hardware processors and add new dimensions and texture to your mixes.FC-670 Compressor: This model of an iconic compressor/limiter of the 1950s imparts an unmistakable silky warmth on just about any signal. Brit Comp: Capturing the unique sound of a twin VCA gain-reduction amplifier design, the Brit Comp is ideal for taming piano dynamics or adding punch to drums and percussion.Alpine EQ-550: The 1960s-vintage EQ provides consistent, repeatable equalization using three overlapping bands, divided into seven fixed frequency points, each with five steps of boost or cut. Its selectable peaking or shelving filters for the high and low band, along with an independently insertable bandpass filter, provide an easy path to creating acoustically superior equalization. Solar 69 EQ: The sound of classic British EQ is absolutely legendary and has enhanced many a great recording. Emulating this classic British design, the Solar 69 EQ adds definition to kick drums, shapes electric guitars, and adds shimmer to acoustic guitars and vocals without sacrificing body.Baxandall EQ: This EQ offers the world's most popular EQ curve. Using gently sweeping treble and bass EQ shelves, it allows you to make subtle, yet effective, changes over wide swaths of the frequency spectrum. Comp 160 Compressor: With simple controls, yet capable of extreme compression traits, the Comp 160 provides VCA character with a personality all its own. Try it on drums -
- you‚Äôll be glad you did! Everest C100A Compressor: Expand the processing capabilities of any PreSonus StudioLive Series III console or Series III rack mixer, as well as Studio One, with the Everest C100A Compressor. Based on a classic design focused on gentle, natural-sounding gain reduction, the Everest C100A helps control dynamics while still letting the signal breathe. Classic Compressor: The smooth character of this compressor allows you to create transparent or extreme color changes to your audio, making it a workhorse for just about any application. Vintage 3-band EQ: With its distinct filter shaping, sheen, and bite, this three-band active EQ includes both high and low shelving filters, providing enhanced tone-shaping possibilities. Tube P1B Compressor: Typically, the response time of optical compressors tends to soften the attack and release, which can smooth out uneven volume fluctuations. Emulating an all-tube, optical design, the Tube P1B compressor delivers musicality, preserving the clarity of the signal even at the most extreme settings. Tube Midrange EQ: This midrange EQ is based on a passive, all-tube design for ultra-smooth and musical equalization, making it ideal for any midrange source material.