sE Electronics sE2300 Multi-Pattern Condenser Microphone
Check the delivery time for another location!
- but the sE2300 retains all the classic sound of the original.Built like the world's finest musical instruments, every sE2300 capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned in our very own factory in Shanghai
- and unlike other microphones with backplate or electret designs, the sE2300 features a true externally polarized condenser capsule, and therefore delivers the best possible performance in every aspect.Its carefully selected, discrete components ensure brilliant sound quality on any source. The sE2300's design still avoids using any ICs (integrated circuits) and is built to excel -
- not to a standard. Low noise, consistent performance and high sensitivity is provided by state-of-the-art surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances. Reviving the spirit of classic studio microphones, the sE2300's transformer provides superb depth & weight to the overall sonic image, and the massively shielded metal housing ensures noise-free operation.The electronics and two switchable attenuation pads provide a high dynamic range, with high sound pressure level (SPL) handling capability and exceptionally low-noise components. Two switchable low-cut filters eliminate rumble or footfall noise, and can also compensate for an excess of bass frequencies caused by proximity effect. This enables the sE2300 to close-mic even the loudest instruments, including electric guitar speaker cabinets, brass instruments and drums. Finally, the three-position pattern switch on the rear side of the microphone allows the sE2300's polar pattern to be changed from omnidirectional to cardioid to figure-eight. This allows for great control over the balance between direct and ambient sound.Reliable operation even in demanding applications in difficult environments is ensured by the roadworthy all-metal design, robust construction, and high-quality manufacturing standards.The sE2300 also comes complete with sE's Isolation Pack, consisting of a custom-made shock mount, integrated metal pop filter, and a thread adapter to fit with any mic stand.
- Hand-crafted 1" true condenser capsule
- Built like the world's finest musical instruments, every capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned in our very own factory in Shanghai
- and unlike other microphones with backplate or electret designs, the sE2300 features a true externally polarized condenser capsule, and therefore delivers the best possible performance in every aspect.
- Three selectable polar patterns
- The 3-position Pattern Switch is located on the rear side of the microphone, and allows the sE2300's polar pattern to be changed from omnidirectional to cardioid to figure-eight. This allows for great control over the balance between direct and ambient sound.
- Traditional Class-A electronic design
- Its carefully selected, discrete components ensure brilliant sound quality on any source. The sE2300's design still avoids using any ICs (integrated circuits) and is built to excel
- not to a standard. Low noise, consistent performance and high sensitivity is provided by state-of-the-art surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances.
- Two switchable attenuation levels
- The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide variety of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
- Custom-built output transformer
- Reviving the spirit of classic studio microphones, the sE2300's custom transformer provides superb depth & weight to the overall sonic image, and the massively shielded metal housing ensures noise-free operation.
- Two switchable low-cut filters
- Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, these two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
- All-metal housing and premium finish
- Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other affordable microphones, the sE2300's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise
- and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years and...
- Standard accessories
- The sE2300 also comes complete with sE's Isolation Pack, consisting of a custom-made shock mount, integrated pop filter, and a thread adapter to fit with any mic stand.
- The Isolation Pack
- For situations where greater rumble control and 'plosive protection is desired, this bundle also includes sE's Isolation Pack. The quick-release mechanism at the base of this shock mount makes it easy to insert and remove a mic
- no screws, no hassle, just one twist to secure or release. And the integrated metal pop filter can be vertically positioned to accommodate any compatible microphone, or completely removed from the shock mount if desired.
When will I receive my shipment?
We ship on business days (Saturday, Sunday, and holidays are not business days). Packages ship from Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, or Ohio -- we cannot guarantee that any product will ship from a specific warehouse. Expedited Shipping (1-Day Air and 2-Day Air) is the only way to guarantee that you will receive an item within a certain time frame. Delivery estimates for expedited shipping options are listed on the product page for the item in question. All expedited shipments are delivered Monday-Friday.
Ground Shipping typically takes 1-4 business days from the date of shipment (for orders within the 48 contiguous United States). Residential ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Tuesday-Saturday. Commercial ground and Free 2-Day shipments are delivered Monday-Friday. Make sure to select the proper address type for your address in checkout, as delays may occur if your selection is incorrect.
For APO/FPO customers, all orders ship via USPS. Expedited shipping is not available. Tracking for these orders is not available.
For customers shipping to a PO Box, the order may need to be shipped via USPS. For this reason, expected delivery dates cannot be guaranteed.
Do you ship to my location?
For most products shipping to the continental United States, customers may choose Ground, 2-Day Air, or 1-Day Air delivery. We also ship to Alaska and Hawaii; however, due to carrier restrictions, we cannot ground-ship to those states.
In addition, we ships to the following destinations, though some restrictions apply:
- Puerto Rico
- U.S. Territories
See instructions below for how to search the site by our eligible shipping destinations.
Note: We cannot change a shipping address on an order after it has shipped. If an order is returned because it couldn't be received at the listed shipping address, we will accept the return but will not refund the shipping charges.
We ship a lot of our most popular gear to Canada! To determine if item(s) ship to Canada, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping postal code. Items that ship to Canada are sent via International Air, and delivery is typically 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
Canadian orders are charged in U.S. dollars. Actual charges are dependent on your bank's conversion rate. Your bank may assess additional fees for international orders.
Although items shipped to Canada receive their full factory warranty, they must be returned to a United States service center for repairs. We're not responsible for any shipping or customs fees incurred in such a case.
We ship many items to Puerto Rico. To determine if item(s) ship to Puerto Rico, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code. Eligible items ship via International Air, and typically arrive 2-5 business days from the date of shipment.
We ship to APO/FPO addresses for free, though over-sized items may be ineligible. To determine if item(s) ship to your APO/FPO address, add the item(s) to your cart and enter your shipping zip code.
We ship eligible products to American Samoa, the Federated States of Micronesia, Guam, the Marshall Islands, the Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, and the Virgin Islands. Eligible items typically arrive 2-7 business days from the date of shipment.
What about customs fees?
Please be aware of customs fees such as taxes and duties, which are not included in our shipping charges. Customs fees vary from location to location. Please check with your local customs office for more information on the fees in your area. If you refuse to pay these fees, your order will not be delivered. We cannot refund shipping charges if an item is returned due to refusal to pay fees, and a restocking fee may be applied to cover the cost of return shipping. Customs fees are non-refundable.
Which items ship immediately?
Most orders ship the same business day your order is placed when you place a valid order before the shipping deadline.
Immediate shipment is available Monday-Friday. A valid order placed before 5 p.m. EST will ship the same day when using Ground or Free 2-Day shipping. Ground and Free 2-Day shipping orders placed after 5 p.m. EST will ship the next business day. Many orders using an expedited shipping method (2 Day Air or Next Day Air), and placed before 10 p.m. EST, will ship the same day.
Shipment and availability information updates from our warehouse to our website almost in real time. We are highly confident of the status of each item when you view a page. However, we do not reserve inventory being viewed or even placed in shopping carts, so we cannot guarantee an item's availability until you have placed your order. In particular, if you have been in the checkout area for more than about 10 minutes, we do recommend that you refresh the page to get the most current inventory prior to checking out.
What is a valid order?
A valid order is for a valid item at a valid price, placed with a credit card with complete and verifiable address and other information. Details.
Does immediate shipment mean immediate delivery?
Once an order is shipped, our carriers (Federal Express and UPS) typically guarantee a service time for when the order will be delivered to you. Our carriers have a very good record of delivering at their promised service time. We will ship immediately, and on all items, we will refund expedited shipping charges if the carrier's service levels for your chosen shipping method are not met.
If a product is in stock, is there any reason it will not ship immediately?
Exceptions are very unusual, but here are some examples of reasons that might prevent us from shipping immediately:
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose power or telecom connectivity.
- Warehouse, call center, or web operations lose capability due to adverse weather (blizzard), safety threat, or other factors.
What can I do if I don't feel you've lived up to your guarantees?
If you ever feel we have not lived up to any of our guarantees, we want to know about it -- and we want a chance to do right if we agree. Contact Us.